Chris here. It’s time to buy a gift for that guy. You know the one. The one who shrugs his shoulders whenever you ask what he wants for Christmas, and says something helpful like, “I can’t really think of anything.” My wife knows that guy all too well, because I am that guy! But never you worry, I pulled together a bunch of things I’d actually be super happy to see on the other side of that thin Santa-clad paper on Christmas morning. Several of these I even currently own and can attest to how amazing they are — laser measure, mesh wi-fi, 3M headphones, heated vest – winners! But honestly, they’re all winners and you’ll finally have picked out the perfect gift for your silently selective man.
1. Carhartt Men’s Flip-It Gloves to keep his hands warm but the digits free, for projects or finally returning that text. $19
2. 3M™ WorkTunes Connect Hearing Protector to protect his ears during loud projects, with the option of taking a call or listening to his favorite jams (spoiler, everyone in our office has been wearing these for a month to get through all the construction and they. are. amazing!). $52
3. “One Year On a Bike” by Martijn Doolaard to inspire him to dream big — 2020 will be his most adventurous year yet. $40
4. A Bosch Blaze Pro Laser Distance Measure: For any guy who likes to plan and knock out DIY projects, a laser measure is a total win. $67
5. The AmpliFi Mesh Wifi System so he can stop griping about the wi-fi signal and finally stay connected in every corner of the house. $499
6. A Custom Engraved Guitar Pick to keep those skills fresh (and to create the ultimate memorabilia for when he’s famous). $8.50
7. The Propel Star Wars Quadcopter: a Star Wars-themed drone?! Your rebel fighter will rejoice! $37
8. Air Force 1 Lows: Shoes stylish enough for date night and casual enough for hibernating. $150
9. The DJI Osmo Pocket Camera: the new “it” camera that will help him shoot high-quality, edit in-camera, and upload directly to his phone. $369
10. & 11. The L.L.Bean Classic Ragg Wool Sweater and the Katahdin Iron Works Waffle Fleece–two cozy classics that I can’t and won’t quit. These will keep him put together (but secretly comfy) all season long. $69 ea.
12. A Jaxon Lane Bro Mask: Because guys actually do care. $28
13. Sports Joggers to wear every day of his life. Seriously. $55
14. A Carhartt Acrylic Watch Hat that he won’t take off (promise). Perfect for snowmobiling, hiking, or just a quick fix for bed head. $16
15. The ORORO heated vest for all of his outdoor projects — or when he gets roped into 3 hours of sledding. $129
16. A Hall of Games Official Size Table Tennis Table for a more fun way of letting him embrace that competitive nature. $659
17. A Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch so he can track activity, receive notifications, control his music, and find his phone before he has to admit that he lost it. (Don’t think there’s a more stylish smart watch) $155
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home