1. A Bluetooth Record Player that’s vintage-inspired and perfect for playing his favorite vinyl LPs but also syncs music wirelessly from his Spotify playlist. $69
2. This Baseball Cap that looks like its been his favorite already for years. $49
3. Thread Wallet Phone Case because he’s always on the hunt for the most minimal wallet so his pockets aren’t overstuffed and this combines a wallet and phone case! He’ll probably never lose his wallet again. $33
4. Hydro Flask Turns out, this water bottle is pricey for a reason. Not only does it hold the perfect amount of water, it’s non-slip, keeps water cold for up to 24 hours! He’ll love the sleek black design and guzzle more water than he has before. $44
5. Steve Madden Dress Shoes to dress up or down $52
6. Apple AirPods. I surprised Chris with these for his birthday. He was always a Bose guy and after a lot of research I took a gamble and got him these wireless buds instead. He raves about them all the time. And your guy will too. $144
7. Apple Watch Strap just in case he wants to mix things up on his wrist. $60
8. Amazon Smart Plug that will turn anything plugged into it Alexa-enabled. “Hey Alexa, turn on the Christmas trees!” $24
9. Fleece Slippers the only slippers Chris has ever worn and loved consistently. Warm and cozy and non-restricting. $29
10. Cable Bite So he can reinforce his charging cables with this little animal accessory that clips around cables to prevent breakage (and, let’s be honest–all yours too). $6
11. The Super Stubble Trimmer that has been on every one of our guy’s gift guides for years because it’s the best way to get the perfect length, sexy stubble on your guy. I love it for Chris as much as he loves it. $89
12. Thermal Robe Lightweight and cozy, but not too warm and will absolutely make him feel like he’s on vacation all the time. $79
13. The Oregon Trail Handheld Game for nostalgia sake. $21
14. Stance Socks warning: he’ll never want to wear other socks again. $12
15. Cell Phone Tripod that can stabilize on a rock, or wrap around a fence or tree branch to capture all of his adventures no matter where or what. $15
Love the Oregon Trail handheld game—was fourth grade really twenty five years ago?!? That said, it looks like it’s around $32 from different Amazon sellers, not $9. But the nostalgia is priceless! :)
You always have the BEST gift guides! Totally original. Thanks.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?