1. Wooden Nutcracker $42 Mom and Dad usually go classic with their Christmas decor, and this little guy is so chic and cool and that it will be the centerpiece of their collection.
2. Quilted Chore Slippers (similar) $59 These are great for going out to the mailbox or the woodpile — or even a quick errand! Your parents will always look put-together, even if they’ve retired into the comfy years.
3. Cotton Down Vest $179 Grab these for him and her! They look great over sweaters and fleeces, and they’ll be nice and toasty for all of their porch-sits.
4. Twelve Days of Christmas Dessert Plate $18 Kitsch is cool! They”ll be using these dessert plates to proudly serve the pie. The 12 Days of Christmas is so nostalgic for our family, I know this is a gift that will prompt hours and hours of storytelling.
5. Binoculars $25 Is your Dad also birdwatcher? Up his game with these nifty binoculars. Hint: These are also the perfect gift for parents who’ve made a resolution to visit more national parks!
6. Leather Gloves $27 These are unisex and luxurious. They’ll feel just as special unwrapping these as they will when they’re pulling them on to go for a drive or dressing up for a night on the town or just coming over to see you!
7. Always Pan $145 We bought my parents an Always Pans for Christmas last year, and my mom never puts it away! She washes it and proudly displays it on her stove top 24/7! I don’t think she cooks a meal without it!
8. Ceramic Nativity Set $79 Upgrading a nativity set is an elegant gesture, and if your parents are like mine — they’ll happily set up a nativity in every room. This one would look so lovely on their piano.
9. Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush $99 Chris and I love our Philips Sonicare toothbrushes — I’m coming up on year two of not having to whiten my teeth! And my gums have never been healthier! This is one of those gadgets my parents would never buy for themselves, but I know they’d love it. Spoil Mom and Dad with fancy toothbrushes! This is the year!
10. Carry-On Luggage $225 We moved away from both of our parents this year, and we’re hoping a gift of nice luggage will garner lots of visits in the year to come. This carry-on is sleek and sophisticated — they’ll look great zipping through the airport with this bag wheeling behind them.
11. My Hometown Map Puzzle $54 Parents love puzzles because they’ve got the time! They always have a little “project” going — and this holiday season, this could be it. These puzzles are custom-made and centered on any US address. For fun, you could gift a puzzle of your favorite family vacation spot!
12. Ninja CREAMi $190 We love our CREAMi! This frozen treat maker changed our lives, turning even our canned peaches into dreamy desserts — in minutes. The results are as easy as they are delicious! The first time we tried the CREAMi, I said, “We’ve got to get one of these for my parents.” I know they’re going to love it — and call us about everything they made.
13. Sweater Bear Tote Bag $85 Is this the most “Mom” tote bag you’ve ever seen? My mom’s always got a binder for something, a brag book with pictures of her grandkids, snacks, a wallet and a purse. I’d love to gift her a cute bag to carry around this holiday season.
14. Tile Essentials $73 This gift truly is essential. Tiles help your parents FIND. EVERYTHING. Help them put one on their keys, their phone, their wallets, the remote — all of the little things that always go missing. The alarm is surprisingly loud! Oh, and it works with Alexa.
15. Picture Frame Ornament $25 I love that Framebridge does ornaments now! We just uploaded our Christmas card photo to the website last year and shipped my parents an ornament — so easy, and such a keepsake.
16. Monogrammed Coco Door Mat $103 They’re going to have a lot of house guests this holiday season. Help them to welcome them all with this monogrammed door mat. (Can’t you just see them beaming from the front porch??)
17. YETI Mug $30 Our parents are so good at showing up for games and outdoor events — even in cold weather. Make sure their hot cocoa stays hot with the Yeti Mug x 2.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home