1. Meta Puzzle $38 A puzzle of doing a puzzle :) This one is sure to garner lots of cheerful jeers and serious teamwork on the next snow day. Put the Crockpot on, and clear the table — we’re doing a puzzle!
2. Snowman Kit $13 Your favorite family will have everything they need to bring Frosty to life.
3. Popcorn Bowl Set (similar) $19 It’s movie night! My family had a weekly movie night when I was growing up, and it’s a tradition that I’ve loved passing along to our girls. Gift these bowls to a film-loving family with some kernels for popping!
4. Kraft Paper Roll $49 This is the ultimate list-maker. My sister has one in her kitchen, and it’s great for doodling a big family calendar, showing off the week’s menu, or hosting a draw-a-thon for the kids. The list of possibilities is as long as the roll itself!
5. Scrabble $148 Even the little ones can get in on the fun with this all-time favorite family game. Before our girls could spell, they loved snapping the tiles into place. And Scrabble is one of those classic games that, like Chess or Checkers, doubles as decor.
6. Our Christmas Story $33 We have this book, and we treasure it. Two years ago, I gave one to each of my sisters’ families. There are all of these wonderful prompts for documenting favorite Christmas memories, traditions, and recipes — and there’s even a spot to save this year’s Christmas card!
7. Carhartt Beanie $12 No matter how many beanies they have, they can always use a new one. If you gift one of these to each member of your favorite family early enough, it might even make it into their Christmas card photo.
8. Ninja CREAMi $190 I cannot overstate how genius this machine is. You can make frozen desserts in *minutes*. Chris and I are obsessed with ours, and we can’t wait to give this to our family members — and see what they make!
9. Cozy Oversized Throw $36 A blanket is a great gift to give a family. It’s a decor staple that also keeps them cozy all winter long. This one is HUGE and especially inspiring when it comes to cuddle piles.
10. Archery Set $189 Okay, hear me out. Maybe there’s archery practice, Robin Hood-style, in the backyard over holiday break! The whole family could compete to hit the bull’s eye!
11. Table Topics $25 There’s a Table Topics for families of all ages. This makes a *great* hostess gift, too, because — let’s be honest — sometimes there’s an awkward silence around a big family table. Whip out the cards!
12. Santa Claus Mug (similar) $16 I love to gift a tray full of these with hot cocoa packets at the holidays. And they’re so adorable that people take selfies with them. (Honestly! They do!)
13. Home Theater Projector and Screen Set $98 If you’re going with the movie theme — go big. Set the family up with a theater-sized screen at home! It works with your cable box or streaming box, so the movie marathons are endless.
14. Chatbooks $10/month The Monthbooks are THE best way to organize your photos. Using the Chatbooks app, you can print photos straight from your phone — and it’s an adorable way to document the year. Chris Loves Julia has a collaboration with Chatbooks, and the Monthbooks I designed are a nod to my mom’s old brag books :)
15. Adventure Water Jug $52 This hefty hydrator is great for family kickball games, soccer outings, or even just to have on the counter for Sunday dinner. Bonus: Cold drinks stay cold!
16. Double Flip Belgian Waffle Maker $119 Help your favorite family start a weekend tradition. This double-flip waffle maker is downright decadent — and will definitely score you an invite to brunch.
17. Record Player $40 A record player easily becomes an heirloom. Gift this one with a classic Christmas album (Our girls love Charlie Brown’s Christmas), or mix it up! Almost every artist is available on vinyl these days. (The soundtrack for The Greatest Showman is in constant rotation at our house.)
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home