1. Personalized Address Stamp because they still send you, and now all of their grandchildren, a card for every birthday and holiday–even the 4th of July–and they’ll feel so cool stamping their return address on every one. $24
2. A Sonos Speaker so they can boss Alexa around all day (and sound quality is important.) $179
3. Sold out but here is another fun one! $16
4. Fleece-Lined Flannel Shirt. The ultimate dad shirt–looks cool, real warm. Will definitely wear it every day. $84
5. Wool & Leather Smartphone Gloves that look as good as they function. $74
6. UGG Ascot Slippers for men. The best slippers with thousands of perfect reviews. $109
7. Women’s UGG Slippers. So they can match. $99
8. A collection of the New York Times front pages from each year since their birth, personalized with name and birth date, and preserved in a handsome library binding. $99
9. iRobot Vacuum. Vacuums used to be a little bit of a gamble to gift, but there is no one that wouldn’t want this robot vacuum with great reviews that works with Alexa, too! (see #2) $299
10. Do You Look Like Your Dog Matching Game A hilarious matching game that secretly applies to them. $16
11. Heat Conducting Ice Cream Scoop that makes waiting for their nightly bowl of ice cream to soften a thing of the past. $20
12. A Weighted Blanket that’s so comforting it will be like getting a hug from you every time they curl up in it. $119
13. Waterpik Water Flosser. Literally the only thing on my mom’s Christmas list last year and she still raves about it. $68
14. A Fresh wreath, that smells amazing, because even if they have everything a plant is always welcome–even from thousands of miles away. $88
15. The most stunning reclaimed Wooden Serving Platter with a large glass cloche to put on their table or counter for stunning decoration (or to store their famous homemade scones) $160
16. Cork Travel Pin Board Map because part of their retirement plan has always been traveling the world and putting a pin in new places (or all the places they have been) is gonna be their new job. $109
17. A new, pretty Doormat. $88
18. A Wüsthof Classic Ikon Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife. Chris recommends going with the 7″ and don’t let anyone put it in the dishwasher. $169
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home
Make yourself right at home