1. A leather “brag book” that’s small enough to fit in their pocket, wallet or purse and holds photos of their children/grandchildren to whip out at a moment’s notice. $25
2. A painting of the house you grew up in, to put a tear in all of your eyes. $105
3. Similar! An heirloom chess set, to talk life over. $26
4. Not available. How cute is this recipe box for all of her best kept secrets. (Note: Years ago, I organized all my mother’s recipes like this and she cried! It’s still one of the favorite gifts I ever gave.) $14
5. A Tandem bike for them to ride around town together, because they’re still young and in love. $510
6. A flannel shirt-jacket to keep him extra warm in the shop. $89
7. An Ancestry DNA kit, so they can pinpoint their ethnic mix across 165 regions worldwide, find the people and places that made them who they are, and even find new relatives. On sale for $59!
8. Napkin rings, hand-cast in pewter with an antiqued bronze finish in the shape of fresh Italian herbs–because everything else on the table is Italian. $88
9. A rugged metal detector ideal for detecting treasure in extreme ground conditions, because there’s plenty of time to strike gold in those golden years. $99
10. A Marble Butter Keeper that keeps butter fresh and spreadable at room temperature for several weeks without spoiling, and looks so pretty on the counter. $24
12. An Instant Pot–A programmable pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker–this thing does it all and fast! They’ll text you every night with what they made–and won’t even believe it. $64
13. You! Holding a Fresh Bay and Olive Leaf Wreath because all they really want is to see all their kids anyway. $68
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
In case you missed the announcement in our Love Letter, the wallpaper is officially installed in the laundry room, and I could not be ANY MORE IN LOVE! My ultimate goal for the laundry room was to create a space that is fresh, clean, bright, and a little utilitarian (the straight-laid tile floors definitely bring that). With […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home