I have full blown conversations with my girlfriends and sisters that solely revolve around the question “What are you getting for your parents?!” It’s one of my favorite gift guides to put together because I just love thinking of things that would bring a smile to my parents’ face.
But onto this year’s, which I’ve already shopped for my own parents and in-laws!
1. Vintage National Parks Puzzle $20 – My mother-in-law loves puzzles. It’s something we bonded over when I first joined the Marcum family and I love her for it. This National Parks puzzle is so cool!
2. Wüsthof Mini 5-Piece Knife Block $129 – They will appreciate this sharp knife (with two others and scissors in a knife block) just as much as you will when you go visit and can actually help slice some tomatoes in the kitchen.
3. Garden Kneeler $40 – To feed their passion.
4. Personalized Picture Frame Ornament $25 – For all of their kids and grandkids. (Okay, but I want this, too!)
5. Lodge Moccasins $59 – In the prettiest navy with super soft insoles that they’ll wear all winter and try to offer them back to you when you come visit.
6. Leather Snow Mittens $159 – These are expensive for mittens, but if you’re looking for something really luxe–I can attest, Chris and I both tried these on in store and they are incredible!
7. Wool Sweater $79 – You can’t go wrong with a quarter button down, like ever. And even though this one is for men, I would gladly wear it too. A beautiful closet staple.
8. Waffle Blanket $198 – We have this blanket on two of our beds in our home and I already bought it as a gift. It’s the perfect four seasons blanket that has just the right weight to it.
9. YETI Rambler Mug $56 – To keep their morning cup or nightly tea warm for houuuuuurrrrrsss.
10. Back and Neck Massager $39 – We got this for both of our dads for father’s day this year and then got it for ourselves too. A home run!
11. Bluetooth Record Player $139 – So they can show off all their really cool records and reminisce on the old days (with all the new technology built-in too.
12. eufy Robot Vacuum $199 – Because it’s about time they retire from lugging that vacuum all over the place, too.
13. Anti-Freeze Ice Cream Scoop $19 – An ice cream scoop that effortlessly glides through the pint every. time.
14. Glass Storage Jar $13 – Filled with their favorite candy. Grandpa’s house has to have a candy jar.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home