We’ve had a lot of requests for simpler dishes and sides, so here we go! This is a common one in our home – super delicious, easy to make, and only 6 total ingredients. And for anyone unfamiliar with Thai Sweet Chili sauce, it’s not spicy, so this is a great dish for all palates and ages.
Sweet Chili-Glazed Carrots
For Roasting the Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots peeled, cut into 1in pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 drops sesame oil
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 3 stems green onion green parts only, sliced thinly at an angle
Roast the Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 400 and put your baking sheet in the oven as it preheats. Toss the carrots, olive oil and sesame oil.
- Once the oven has heated and the baking sheet has heated for an additional 5 minutes, dump the carrots onto the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, shaking gently every 5 minutes, until you see dark spots starting to develop.
Make the Glaze
- Whisk together the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger paste and minced garlic.
Finish the Dish
- Once the carrots come out of the oven, set them aside. Pour the glaze into a pan on the stove over medium heat. Once the glaze really starts to bubble, add the carrots and toss around to coat. Add the green onion and toss together again. Serve warm.
Ingredients and Equipment:
|Cutting Board||Knife||Ceramic Nonstick Pan|
|Thai Sweet Chili Sauce||Tamari (soy sauce)||Ginger Paste|