Have you ever had a non-affectionate child? Polly is definitely our least affectionate child. She never gives kisses (to me or anyone–ever!), never wants to hug and rarely ever snuggles in to the crook of my neck, which is why I’m so glad Chris snapped this photo of us after her doctor’s appointment the other day. I don’t know what it means, or if it means anything–her love language is definitely not physical touch though. It IS reading books to her. And taking her outside and letting her run around. It’s letting her sit on an adult chair at the table instead of her highchair. She loves when I let her push the button to open the microwave after something is done heating up. And when I tell her she’s doing a good job (she loves putting the shoes in the basket or the silverware in the sink!) she beams from ear to ear–which feels about as good as a hug. :)
• Speaking of types, we had a Chris Loves Julia team building experience where we all took this free Enneagram test to find out our number(s)! Turns out I’m a 3 wing 2–which sums up to The Motivator. One thing that I liked about the test was it gave you the good and the truth about yourself. I’m not sure how reading about myself was so eye-opening, but it was! Do you know your Enneagram number?
• I loved this article on email sign off–and I’m totally adapting All good things.
• This week, we had a few friends over for a game night and taught them how to play Camel Up–it’s the funnest game revolving around betting over a camel race! They’re already asking for another Camel Up night and I couldn’t recommend it enough!
• My new sunglasses sold out quick, but I found them in tortoise here and I’m obsessed.
• This 5′ faux fiddle leaf is back in stock for $58! And if you’ve never purchased anything from QVC use code TEN4U for $10 off making it only $48 off! We have this one and it looks so great!
• We are headed to Oahu, Hawaii on Tuesday to visit Chris’s parents who are on a mission and brother who lives there. We are taking the girls for their first time and so looking forward to warm weather and getting away. We booked the trip months ago and it’s honestly coming at the perfect time. Faye asked “Can we go to the beach right when we get there?!” Maybe we’ll just stay forever.
Here are a few of my favorite one-pieces (perfect for chasing my girls all over the place) right now!
We have posts scheduled all through next week! So there will still be plenty to catch up on over here. :)