Our girls started school this last week and I’ve said it before, but this is my favorite time of year. I really thrive off of routine and it’s just nice to get back into the groove of things. Fall is on the cusp, but we’ve just been soaking up as much time in the pool as possible before the weather turns.
This month we installed the paneling on the outdoor kitchen (still second guessing the paint color), and we made some big changes in the front entry including: adding sconces and painting the balusters and front door black. We also wrapped up the beverage station corner of our kitchen with a mirrored tile backsplash which feels like such an accomplishment. Lastly, we are actively working on our project punch list before we start any other projects, and hopefully by the end of September we will have made some serious progress.
In addition, one of our favorite things from the month has to be this dollhouse bookcase we put in Polly’s room and I just had to show you.
Wallpaper | Rug | Bunny Head | Dollhouse Bookcase | Lamb Cuddle + Kind | Bunny Cuddle + Kind
As you can see, it’s the sweetest addition to her storybook bedroom and Polly absolutely loves it. In June and July, our team shared their favorite things from the month and it’s been so fun to pull back the curtain a bit and share what everyone’s loving. Because we spend so much time together, we’re constantly recommending things and inspiring each other. And so it’s a treat to share the love with all of you! Here’s what everyone’s loving.
1. Ice Roller $7 I’ve never used an ice roller, but I want to be the kind of woman who does. I saw someone post this in their stories and I thought, “what better time to add this to my skin regimen than when it’s 77% off!” Bye bye puffy face.
– Andi (Visual Media Manager)
2. Puff-Sleeve Top $88 I haven’t gone shopping in stores for over a year, but when I walked into Anthropologie, I picked this up immediately. I have a special trip to London coming up for my first time and I can’t wait to wear it. Surprisingly comfortable for a Tuesday too.
3. Gingham Sweater Tee $60 If there was ever a top that was made for me in fall, it would be this one.
4. Fanny Pack $49 Fanny Packs are all the rage right now, but what sets this Baggu one apart is the sheer amount of stuff that you can fit inside. This fanny pack has become my Mary Poppins bag, which makes it perfect for hands-free shopping or travel. The material is really easy to clean if it gets dirty, and they have so many cute colors for fall.
– Becca (Good Influencer Manager)
5. Fluted Acrylic Glasses $32 These cutie little tumblers are the perfect everyday cups.
– Brooke (Affiliate Marketing Manager)
6. 8″ Material Knife $75 I took Chris’s advice and got this knife. He says it’s the best kitchen knife for this price point and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.
– Tristan (Project Manager)
7. Backpack Cooler $42 This backpack fits an entire picnic and keeps everything chilled on a long hike (or a long nap in the sun).
– Victoria (Brand Manager)
8. Dollhouse Bookcase $185 This has been the perfect addition to Polly’s room. Functional decor at its finest.
9. Skims Sculpting Thong $32 I’ve never worn shapewear before, but I caved and bought this to wear under a fitted dress to a wedding. I don’t know how Kim did it but this held me in AND stayed in place all night. Life changing.
– Missy (Editorial Manager)
10. Lululemon Polo $88 I’m a t-shirt guy, but I branched out with this polo and Jules paid me so many compliments I never want to take it off.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?