My family doesn’t care for seafood or spicy food, but sometimes I need to make something just for me. And this is a forever favorite.
Next time you have an evening to yourself, or a like-minded friend coming over for casual conversation, give this dish a whirl. So much flavor, easy to make, but presents like a major deal.
Green Curry Clams & Mussels
- 1.5 cups coconut cream Mae Ploy brand is my favorite
- 2 stalks lemongrass smashed a bit with hand or back of a knife
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1-3 Thai chilis sliced
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb mussels cleaned
- 3 lbs clams cleaned
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Heat a grill (or oven) to 450 (medium high). In a bowl whisk together everything but the clams, mussels, basil, and lemon juice. Put the clams and mussels in a small cast iron pot and pour the mix over top. Grill for 45-60 minutes. If using the oven, plan for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from grill, add the fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon juice, toss to coat. Enjoy with grilled garlic bread.