After Polly’s room reveal we got a lot of questions about where the houndstooth thrifted chair that was in her room! No fear! It’s in Greta’s room now and doesn’t it looks so great in there? After we sold the second bed in her room, there’s a lot more room for a reading chair and dresser and maybe some built-ins around the window. And yes, finally paint the trim in her room.
Other fun things this week:
• Have you watched Derek Delgaudio’s In & of Itself on Hulu (or DO TELL IF YOU’VE SEEN THE SHOW LIVE!) Chris and I watched it this week together and shed a few tears. It was incredible!
• Don’t mind me. Just swooning over the new Kara Mann Collection at CB2. Every. PIECE!
• It me.
• In the great lighting shake up, where we moved the light that was in the music room to our bathroom and the light that was in our bathroom to the laundry room and the light that was in the laundry room to Polly’s room…the music room was the only space left without a light. I went on deep dive on Amazon and found some amazing budget friendly options.
1. Mini Crystal Chandelier $21
2. Black Star Flush Mount $40
3. Amber Glass Ceiling Light $60
4. 2 Light Black Globe $70
5. Seeded Glass Star Light $90
6. Brass Schoolhouse Semi Flush Light $105
7. 6 Light Globe Chandelier $110
8. Brass White Opal Semi Flush Globe $125
9. 5 Globe Ceiling Pendant $128
10. Black Drum Pendant $135
11. Antique Brass Frosted 4-Light Flush Mount $146
12. Aged Brass Flush Mount $148
13. Old Bronze Semi Flush Mount $155
14. 6 Light Globe Chandelier $180
15. Black Metal Pendant $190
16. 9 Lights Globe Chandelier $199
Lastly, here’s all the best sales happening this weekend!
Old Navy: Up to 50% off + extra 20% with code SWEET (this workout tank!)
Target: Save up to 25% on home and 30% off dresses (have this on Polly’s bed)
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home
Make yourself right at home