You can find all of the sources in Greta’s Room here!
More than anything, I want every room in our house to be functional and beautiful and livable. After living here for 18 months, I feel like we’re just finding our stride and are able to make more concrete decisions about what could be working better for us and make those changes. It’s empowering and feels like shedding layers or excess weight when it clicks–this would be so much better if!….
If you follow along on Instagram, you have probably seen some demo happening in the entry/office area this week! (If not, we’ll share more about that on Monday.) But it’s definitely one of those things that is 10 giant steps in the right direction for function and getting rid of the angled entry is a plus. We also made a big decision about Greta’s room this week.
When we first laid out her room, two beds made so much sense. She has weekly sleepovers with her cousin and Faye sleeps in her room once a week, too. I love the bond and memories that they are all creating. But the truth is, as she grows, her needs are outweighing the fun of having a second bed in there. She recently expressed the desire for a bookcase (she’s an avid reader), desk, a dresser and her own dedicated space. Valid. Her current layout just won’t accommodate those things.
We made the decision to sell the other bed this week and we’re all so excited about the future of her room, but no one more than her. Then I came across this picture and it got me excited all over again! Built-ins are coming!
Other fun things this week!
• Ordered these sheets for Polly’s bed. Swoon!
• My favorites from the Studio McGee x Target Spring Dining collection
• This floor lamp is stunning and under $100!
• Taking notes!
• A long lumbar (for your bed?) at a great price!
• I switched to this tanning mousse last year and have never looked back. It’s moisturizing and smells so good and is the perfect tone! It also doesn’t transfer to my clothes which I appreciate! Thought I’d share as the weather gets warmer. (I wear the dark shade).