Is Valentine’s Day a made-up holiday? Good news is, I don’t really mind. Winters in Idaho are quite long, and Valentine’s Day is a fun little celebration to get us through the cold months. Chris and I do a little gift exchange to ya know, keep the romance alive. Plus we love surprising the girls with a little something to make them feel special and loved. I think a lot of people feel pressure around Valentine’s Day to go all-out, but I think a thoughtful gift can go a long way.
We thought it would be fun to put together a little gift guide, and there’s something on here for everyone, whether you’re shopping for your partner, friend, kid, or yourself (because who doesn’t buy gifts for themselves?)
1. FaceTory Skincare Fridge $150 – Earlier this week, someone mentioned that I could fit a skincare fridge in the tower storage in our new bathroom and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it ever since!
2. Heart Cashmere Sweater $135 – The most subtle heart to wear on your sleeve all year.
3. Spark Ideas Box $12 – Cutest little matchstick box with little romance ideas written on them for every time the mood strikes….ha..ha.
5. Classic Fairytale Pop-up Book $35 – The sweetest pop-up book to make the classics come alive.
6. Homesick Candle $34 – A candle to remember where you had your first date or kiss or honeymoon!
8. Hearts Socks $8 – I think every holiday I get my girls cute socks and every holiday they squeal with delight.
9. Love Earrings Pack $24 – Tiny hearts to wear all year.
11. Herringbone Chain Necklace $32 – A simple, statement necklace to wear every day and think of you.
12. Reasons I Love You Valentine’s Day Card $6 – To sum up your last year together and to fill with all the other reasons you love them, too.
13. Heart Box of Chocolates $60 – Growing up, my dad would get each of his 5 daughters a box of chocolates on valentine’s day. Our very own. It made me feel so special and grownup, even at 7.
14. Always Pan $145 – The pan with a cult following and the prettiest colors. The. pan. of. the. year!
15. Wish You Were Here Sweatshirt $45 (20% off this weekend!!!) – A Unisex sweatshirt for the Valentine you’re not near.
16. Bathtub Caddy $71 – Throw in some bath salts, a candle, a good book and putting the kids to bed, too. ;)
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home