After testing pillow inserts, we had so many requests to try duvet inserts next and I know exactly why! It can be so disappointing to spend so much money on an insert, only to have it literally fall flat. I personally think the fuller and fluffier, the better, but I also like a little bit of weight to mine. So I bought 6 highly rated inserts on Amazon and put them to the test. Obviously there are lots of other duvet inserts out there to try, so we’re not saying this is an all-inclusive or exhaustive test! But if tens of thousands of people have given these a high rating, I just had to know why and which one takes the proverbial cake!
So, if your duvet could benefit from some fluffiness, I would even recommend doubling up and fitting two inserts into one cover. Such a good hack to get that full, luxury comfort. Here’s the thing though, we all have different preferences especially when it comes to our sleep. Some like a heavy insert and some like it light. Typically the fluffier ones are going to be heavier, so if you don’t like that, then you might consider a duvet that’s more lightweight.
Here’s how I ranked them according to my preferences :).
7. Linenspa All Season Down Alternative Duvet Insert $55 – I was actually surprised with this one because of the price and the vast amounts of 5 star ratings! But it’s honestly not great. It’s thin, the lining material feels cheap, there’s little poly-fill. I don’t even think I could recommend it comparing it to the others! They do have color options if you don’t want to use it without a cover. One thing they have going for them is they have 8 loops for ties on all the corners and the centers of each side. So if you find a cover with 8 ties, it should stay in place better!
6. Bedsure Duvet Insert $40 – I’m also confused with the ratings on this one. I do like the bordering and it’s possible that helps keep the fill in place better! Again, 8 loops, but not very full and fluffy, and the lining feels cheap.
5. Tekamon All Season Duvet Insert $59 – Very similar to the last one, but just a level up! The border is nice and fluffy, and I’d say this is the fluffiest one so far. This one is pretty lightweight so if you like that, this is for you!
4. Easeland All Season Duvet Insert $60 – Okay, I was actually surprised I like this one so much because it’s pretty thin. The quality is just great though! Definitely the heaviest so far (my preference), the lining is so so soft, and although it’s thinner, it’s sort of springy when you squish it. To make up for the thinness, I might actually double up on this and put two in one cover.
3. Alanzimo Down Duvet Insert $119 – The first down we tested and my first impressions is the lining is very crispy! I can’t decide if that’s good or bad, because it’s kind of noisy…in a refreshing way if that makes sense. I can imagine it wouldn’t be noisy with a cover on of course. You can really tell the quality difference between this one and some of the others. For down, I would say it’s actually pretty affordable too.
2. Utopia Duvet Insert $34 – The absolute best bang for your buck, and so far this is the fluffiest! Very soft, lightweight, and I love the pointy corner ties! How did the least expensive make it all the way up to second place??
1. Apsmile $175 – Talk about premium bedding! The price is almost double the second expensive one and it shows in the quality. Definitely more of an investment insert but it’s so luxury and fluffy and incredible quality. I would say that if you’re wanting your bed to look like a display bed, then this is for you!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
In case you missed the announcement in our Love Letter, the wallpaper is officially installed in the laundry room, and I could not be ANY MORE IN LOVE! My ultimate goal for the laundry room was to create a space that is fresh, clean, bright, and a little utilitarian (the straight-laid tile floors definitely bring that). With […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home