You can find our bathroom sources here!
It’s the great spring soap experiment! We bought 30 different hand soaps (a lot of them recommended by you) and put them to the test. I love a beautiful hand soap. I think it can really enhance the look of a room, but also, there’s nothing better than being complimented on the smell of a hand soap. Is that weird? I’ve been known to invest in a really beautiful bottle of soap and refill it with a more budget-friendly or better smelling soap once it runs out. So we set-up a camera and put our sniffers to work. This is one of the more fun parts of the what we do – spending time with Chris, just chatting about something as light-hearted as soap smells. It’s a different kind of spring cleaning. Enjoy!
Lightwell Co. Tobacco & Bay Leaf, Ouai, Cedar, Savon de Marseille Karite Shea, Laboratorio Olfattivo, Skandinavisk Fjord, Lightwell Co. No.6, Aesop, Lightwell Co. Cashmere & Fig, Mrs. Meyer’s Rainwater
Aside from our top 10 overall, we wanted to give out awards in other categories. Of course, these are just OUR opinion, but we feel confident about these!
Simple Human $59
Just like anything in life, we all have different taste, and smell is not excluded from that. If you watched the video, you know that some soaps were not for us haha. But we understand that somebody might totally enjoy some of these scents and we are in full support of that. As the saying goes, “don’t yuck my yum,” and without further ado, here’s the 30 soaps we tried. Did your favorite soap make the list? If not, let us know and we’ll be sure to try it next time.
1. Mrs. Meyer’s: rainwater $3
2. Jr. Watkins: lemon $3
3. Puracy: lavender & vanilla $7
4. MOXE: vanilla almond $8
5. Hand Ritual: aloe, eucalyptus, lavender $13
6. Jeremiah Brent x Grove Co. $17
7. Savon Liquide De Marseille: jasmine $18
8. K. Hall: washed cotton $19
9. K. Hall: milk $19
10. Savon de Marseille Karite: shea butter $23
11. Le Labo: basil $23
12. Malin + Goetz Bergamot Hand + Body Wash $24
13. Milk & Honey: lavender tea tree $26
14. Tangentgc: cedar $28
15. Botaniculture Essential Lavender $28
16. Lightwell Co. No.6: sea salt, lemon peel, driftwood $28
17. Skandinavisk Fjord: orchards, wild berries, black currants, raspberry flowers $28
18. Mater: sage, rosemary, fir $29
19 .Lothantique Authentique: linen $30
20. Savon Liquide De Marseille: black tea $30
21. Lightwell Co.: cashmere & fig $30
22. Lightwell Co.: tobacco & bay leaf $30
23. Laboratorio Olfattivo: flowers, fruits and marine $32
24. Ouai: citrus, rose, magnolia, linden blossom $32
25. Compagnie de Provence Savon de Marseille: patchouli $32
26. Sevin London Marble Hand & Body Wash: citrus, bergamot, and clove $36
27. Grown Alchemist: andalwood and ylang ylang $37
28. Amass: lemon, ginger, grapefruit, lavender $38
29. Aesop: mandarin, rosemary, cedar $39
30. Simple Human Dispenser $59
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home