Desserts are not typically my thing. I feel like they’re usually a little too heavy and just leave you feeling tired and gross after having eaten a big meal. But I like to have a few light finishers I can whip up quickly for those times where I’m feeling like the meal could use some rounding out.
This dessert is vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, peanut free, nightshade free, contains no processed sugars, and only takes 5 ingredients (and as many minutes) to throw together. The only major allergen here is tree nuts (coconut), but I think most of the other bases are covered.
Grapefruit with Avocado Cream (dairy free)
- 1 large avocado pitted and scooped out
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1.5 Tbsp honey plus more for finishing the dessert
- 2 medium grapefruits peeled, seeds removed, cut into small slices
- fresh mint garnish
- In a blender, combine the avocado flesh, coconut cream, and 1-1.5 Tbsp honey. Blend until smooth, scraping the sides throughout.
- Spoon some of the avocado cream into the bottom of a bowl. Top with 5 slices of grapefruit, drizzle with a couple teaspoons of honey and add a small sprig of fresh mint. Serve immediately.