There’s probably been one thing that your child (or niece or nephew or grandchild, etc) has been asking for (for Greta, it’s this robot kitty–since she’s allergic to real kitties) but there is nothing better than seeing a child’s face on Christmas morning when you produce the most unexpected, best presents they’ll love forever. Here are a few gifts for kids we’d recommend this year:
1. A small treehouse playset with animal buddies is the sweetest alternative to a dollhouse for boys and girls. $190
2. Hair chalk will allow them to change up their ‘do without any permanence. It lasts for up to 3 days (with no messy residue everywhere) or until washed out with shampoo. $12
3. 3-in-1 bank so you can teach your child about budgeting, saving and helping others. $18
4. Like a major refresh of the classic Mr. Potato head, this tin and wood game will keep any child busy (and quiet!) for quite awhile as they mix and match faces and features. $15
5. Every newborn needs an ornament for their first Christmas. These feel so special. $8
6. The Little (Boy or Girl) Who Lost Their Name. A best-selling book that’s completely customizable for your child’s name. $29
7. The warmest, fur-lined long puffer coat (also in champagne and pink). $108 (50% off today!!)
8. Walkie talkies so they can chat and giggle to each other, and go on “spy missions” for hours on end. $21
9. Watch Ya’ Mouth. The hilarious guess what I’m saying game that’s gone viral. Every home needs it! $19
10. Their very own microphone so they can sing in the mirror or put on shows in the playroom. $47
11. Soft, indoor snowballs. $24
12. VTech Camera. For the kid who only uses their leap pad for the camera anymore (ahem….) this kids’ camera takes digital photos, has a flash and can even has a reverse camera so they can photograph themselves. $49
13. Fuji film INSTAX mini 8. And if they’re a little older, this Instax mini (with nearly 8,000 positive reviews!) takes and develops instant pictures and memories, beautifully. $55
14. Nail stickers, forever. $3
15. A 2-in-1 balance tricycle to balance bike (we ordered this for Faye!). $49
16. A 50 ft slackline with teaching line so they can practice balancing–great for all ages. $68
17. Placemat and plate in one…AND it suctions to the table. (Maybe this is a gift more for parents. HA.) Also available in pink, blue and gray. $19
18. The most darling animal socks (our girls love them). All 8 for $19
19. A mermaid tail blanket, on the top of Christmas lists everywhere. $26.
20. Personalized art for their room. $29
21. Magformers. The amazing magnetic construction set that I’ve never seen a kid dislike. They have over 1000 five star reviews. $29
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home