What do you get a baby for Christmas? Sure, they won’t remember either way, but one’s first Christmas should be celebrated with at least one painfully slow unwrapping session (or a speedy one if siblings are helping!) Here are a few ideas:
1. Duck Boot Crib Shoes because anything miniature because they are a winter essential, no matter your size. On sale for $12.
2. A hand-fired ceramic baby’s first Christmas ornament (comes gift-wrapped!) to commemorate this happy-tears time. $34.
3. The cutest, sweetest, truly most adorable book of all time. But nothing compared to your baby. $8.
4. Sold out! Here is another Xylophone set for them and the sweet surprised face they make when they realize all the noise they can make for you. $22
5. Kleenex (pack of 4) and free reign to pull them alllllll out. $7
6. Any (and all!) of the Jellycat cloth fabric books, because something about all those different kinds of tails entertains babies to no end. $16
7. Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit, because this Christmas we’re allllll asking for more sleep. $39
8. Baby’s very first car keys, with push button and lights and three different sounds, so they can go nuts without continually setting off your own car’s alarm. $14
9. No longer available. Here is the cutest similar cozy fleece jumpsuit because you can’t quite bear to take them out of jammies all day, but there’s something about a mock turtleneck and leather covered zipper that’s just a little more presentable. $29.
10. An award winning double feature mirror for babies. So they can look at their cute faces and squeal just like we do all day long. $25.
11. This Sherpa Bear Plush Rocker (or any of these other cute furry animals!), that’s heirloom quality and they’d likely never get off of it. $149.
12. A Wubbanub pacifier, because OF COURSE they’ll take a binky all night long when there’s a soft toy attached to it. $14
13. No longer available. Check out this darling knit hat and mittens set that every body at the grocery store will fawn over. $12
14. No longer available. Here is a similar one! A classic wooden game where they’ll push down on one colorful character while the other happily pops up, over and over and over! No batteries required. $14
15. The plushest, hooded animal towel to wrap them in after bath time. 6 animals to choose from. $44.
16. No longer available. Here are some adorable natural Baby Beads that promote motor skills and senses and are a great alternative to your necklace. $16.
17. No longer available. Here are some other huggable teething rattles to have and to hold and hang from the stroller, car seat, or play gym! $14
18. No longer available. But these Christmas jammies to open on Christmas eve have my heart. $14
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home