• We’re Hiring! Jordan is moving back to Utah (to pursue a relationship–we’re cheering for them but will miss Jordan terribly!) and we’re looking for a new in-house Visual Media Producer. (Videographer/Photographer + An eye for graphic design is helpful for this too!) This is a full-time, in house, salaried position. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, check out the job posting here and apply!
• I know we’ve been all over when it comes to exterior directions over the past month, but this week inspiration from Architect, Jeffrey Dungan, hit hard. And we decided we can’t not do dark exterior + dark cedar siding + stone. And black windows inside and out (basically a take on our number 3 from this post where we photoshopped a bunch of exteriors!)
When I saw it, it felt like a lightbulb going off. It felt like this home. It felt like a cottage, but like our version of it. Of course this is an inspiration photo and not exactly our home, and we’ll make tweaks to suit us, but we’re excited to move forward with this inspiration as our guide.
• We had a really good question come in through the comments section of this post about committing to purchasing a piece furniture. When to stop looking and commit already:
Q: How do you commit and move forward? We bought a big house that needs a lot of furnishing, but I am stuck!! I make a mood board and love it, but then cannot commit, because I find something else I love! And, how do you keep it cohesive without being matchy? Are there things you commit to and you stick with it throughout the process?
Here are my thoughts on the subject:
A: Here’s what I’ve learned. If you like something and you can visualize it with other pieces in the space (a mood board really works well for this)–commit! There is not just one perfect piece of furniture out there. You’re going to like a lot. And that will only confuse you more. If it fits in your budget and you like the way it looks and it looks good with other pieces for the space–what more could you want?
• This illustrator is such a fun follow.
• Yesterday marked one month in our house and it was so fun to host a bunch of family and friends for the 4th of July. We did it without a speck of new paint or barely any furniture inside and it was our favorite fourth yet. We did buy some new outdoor furniture and I’m obsessed with it! (We bought two of these chairs and this sofa and I just went back for a second because there’s plenty of room for it and it’s all on sale right now! They are so comfortable!) It’s amazing what a holiday in a new home will do. It solidified it as ours. We made so many memories and were able to carry on traditions (our 5th fourth of July with the Pugmires with the best driveway fireworks show) and we went to bed so, so happy. It was the first night we slept like it was our home.
• This corn hole game was such a crowd pleaser yesterday! And I love the simple design of it!
Lastly! Here are some amazing sales happening this weekend!