I still haven’t sent our Christmas cards out–partly, okay mostly, because they haven’t arrived yet–and half of our house is currently covered in plastic because the painters showed up YESTERDAY to paint the entry and Faye’s room and the hallway and Polly’s room and our ceilings, finally. We’re still short a shower door and even more–the absence of a furry member of our family. But we couldn’t be more happy to have this home that feels like part of our family. This year, we grew together. Our family and our home. We grew and we grieved and we grew some more. There were big changes and rough patches and when I look at us in the photo above, I feel proud of the family standing in front of the home as we leave 2020. We grew together in sadness and confusion and mistakes and we made new memories. And yes, the girls grew so much in height, too!
We have a few more posts and projects to share in the coming days–and then we’re going to take a couple weeks off to just be. I’ll surely organize the bathroom and rearrange a few rooms and deep clean all the cabinets in between judging snowman building competitions, because that’s also my definition of relaxing. How are you spending your holiday?
Other fun things this week!
• I’m deep into all the girls’ rooms right now, picking paint colors and wallpaper and curtains and furnishings and in doing so, I tweaked a few things in Greta’s room and it brought a smile to my face all over again!
Beds | Duvet | Duvet Insert | Sheets| Nightstand (From Wayfair–no longer available)| Curtains (sold out, similar) | Curtain Rod| Curtain Rings | Wallpaper | DIY Floating Fames | Carpet: Godfrey Hirst Wool Blend Carpet–Glen Abbey II in the color Thatch | bench | lamp | mask by jennifer ament | pennant | blind
Next year, I think I’ll finally paint her trim and address her ceiling (I’d love to do shallow beams over headboard and a LOT of small flush mounts dotting the ceiling).
• I finally decided on captain’s chairs for our dining room. (eeee!)
• I got this for Faye, but it’s also for me to be honest. (I was a Jacob’s Ladder wiz!)
• Really so excited about the resurgence of blue. Especially this very sophisticated, slightly grayed cornflower blue (via @stevengambrel with photography by @ericpiasecki). Big inspo for the color we’re going with for Faye’s room!
• This plaid matchbox is on sale for $2.99. I have already given 3 away and it was like I gave them a fluffy puppy–they. were. thrilled! Turns out, cute matches are always a good idea.
• Brooke showed up to work this week with the most perfect clean pink nail dashes on. And now we’re all copying her.
• I was searching for some shelving for the girls’ rooms (they ALL need varying types of bookshelves in their rooms) and I went into a DEEP dive on Urban Outfitters. I sometimes forget about their home section, but it’s REALLY good right now. And they have a lot of amazing dupes for more pricey pieces I’ve had my eye one. Here are a few of my top picks right now:
green accent chair | wicker tissue box cover | floral sheets | green ceramics
floor lamp | gingham tassel duvet | wicker desk (obsessed) | bentwood chair
black mango wood bowl | concrete dining table (looks so much like ours!) | salmon sheets | arch cabinet
wicker side table | office chair | dresser | leopard lamp
We’ll pick up Casual Friday in the New Year. Hope you all have a happy weekend! I’m going to be wrapping presents like crazy so all next week I don’t have to think about it!