This month we shared our favorite fall candles, and shared Andi’s budget kitchen makeover, and finally made the list of our favorite house-warming gifts. We gave the family room a dramatic makeover and now we hang out down there ALL the time. We laid peel and stick floor tile, and ogled over our finished stone outside. We hung curtains in the dining room (which turned out to be more controversial than I thought it would be haha), and shared all about our budget for the exterior. Chris made mulled apple cider (my favorite!) and peach cobbler. We thought, “Surely by the end of September, our house will be done!” And here we are and it’s not. But we feel really good about everything we DID get done in September. And we’re so grateful for all of these moments you may not have seen yet, either…
Besides the moments, there were a few things that I tried, bought, watched, or listened to and loved this month to share–
1. Wool Top Coat: $159 I can’t wait to dress this up and down all season. I’ve wanted a LONG camel wool coat for a few years, and this one is soft and warm and long and gorgeous!!
2. Waffle Pullover Sweater: $69 The easiest top to wear. It’s lightweight and colorful…but you know, not TOO colorful. ;)
3. Madewell Momjean: $64 I liked these so much, I bought them twice. Not kidding. Can’t beat the price or the fit.
4. Treat With Kindness Sweatshirt: $45 Our Propertee Fall launch is tonight at 7pm MST and we’re launching a bunch of new stuff. Keychains, socks, totes, mugs, tees and sweatshirts. This Treat With Kindness sweatshirt felt so important for this year when we could all use a little more kindness.
5. White Orion Bowl: $99 This bowl is $99, which is A LOT for a bowl. But it’s also the largest bowl–so big!! It’s perfect for a centerpiece.
6. Brown Novah Pitcher: $55 I got this pitcher this month and it hasn’t been without stems from the yard since it landed on the counter. It’s pitcher perfection.
7. Pillow Insert: $18 I get a lot of questions about what pillow inserts I use in my throw pillows on the chairs and couches around here-THESE every time. They’re inexpensive but make a HUGE difference. Go up a size. So if you buy a 20×20 pillow/cover, fill it with a 22×22 insert.
8. Side Table: $119 I wasn’t able to snag much before the Fall Studio McGee Target line sold out, but I DID get this side table for $119 and it’s still in stock and I’m so confused why. It’s INCREDIBLE!!! I put it in the girls office and I’d 100% recommend.
9. Hand Soap: $28 Confession–I love buying hand soap. Packaging matters so much to me and this packaging was so sweet, I bought it for the girls’ bathroom. What’s better–It smells EXACTLY like Tulips. We also got the Clover sent and it’s uncanny.
10. Platinum 1-Inch Styler: $166 My Chi straightener from college went kaput and after a lot of research, I ended up buying this one and I can’t shut up about it. My hair is SHINY again. It heats up in 20 seconds. It’s SO GOOD.
11. Biotin, Collagen & Keratin Vitamins: $25 After almost 2 years on my other hair vitamin, my doctor told me it’s a good idea to switch it up. (did you know that?! I guess your body can get used to and almost immune to a vitamin) so I switched to this one and I am loving all the benefits. The biggest thing I noticed is a decrease in joint pain!
12. Ceramic Canister: $18 I can’t get over this little ceramic jar I got for the girls bathroom. It could be 3x the price–don’t tell them.
13. Hiker Boot: $179 I got these during the Nordstrom sale and it’s stupid how much I like them. I feel like they could make me outdoorsy. If anything could–it’s these boots!
14. Platform Lace-Up Shoe: $84 Okay, but actually these are the comfiest comfiest shoes. I feel like I’m walking on a cloud all day long in them!
15. Day 7 Did you listen to this special episode of Dax Shepherd’s Armchair Expert podcast? It broke my heart but also healed it. It was so vulnerable and moving and HUMAN. I didn’t realize how long it had been since I heard a public figure just be human and it was so refreshing.
16. Alone. You can watch it on Hulu or Amazon Prime. Chris and I have been watching Alone and we’ve already worked our way through two seasons this month! They literally drop people in remote places ALONE, with a go pro and 10 items of their choosing and whoever lasts the longest (66 days, 87 days?!) gets $500,000. I don’t think I would last 3 days but it’s also incredible to see the lengths people go to survive and the lies they tell themselves to leave.
Happy October! This, this is the month our exterior is finished right? ;)