We are starting into an interesting chapter of our lives where our oldest is becoming less interested in the toy aisle and asked for a water bottle and a video camera for Christmas (what?!). Our youngest is most happy with books and simple toys and our five year old will take one of everything, please! And this gift guide is just that–a little bit of everything for every type of kid. Plus! All of it is on sale this weekend! (We included the original price in the listings but if you click over, you can apply sale prices!)
1. Pizza!: An Interactive Recipe Book So they can stir the ingredients, add the toppings, and slice her up! Really, very cute. $53
2. Schoolhouse Classic Jump Rope Because the classics never get old. $5
3. Jetkids 19-Inch Ride-On Carry-On Suitcase They can ride through the airport in style on this thing and it transforms into a leg rest or in-flight bed for kids to keep them comfy when you’re at cruising altitude. $199
4. Sonic Snow Tube We have two of these and they are never-ending fun in the snow and excellent quality! $129
5. Olaf Sweatshirt Frozen forever!!! $19.99
6. 150-Piece Wood Castle Building Block Set Okay, hi prettiest blocks in the world. $39
7. The Five-Minute Journal for Kids A simple structured format that takes just 5 minutes for kids to jot down quick, and meaningful words about their day (Getting this one for our 9 year old!) $22
8. VanTop Junior K3 Kids Waterproof Video Camera A video camera that they can pretend make their own shows and is basically indestructible. $39
9. YETI Rambler Jr. Kids Bottle w/Straw Cap on Greta’s wish list, drink bottle that you won’t have to fill up 6 times a day because this one will keep it cold forever!!!! $29
10. Fleece robe with metallic stars Just their size and half off today! $31
11. Teddy Bear Plush The sweetest stuffy that’s only gonna get better with age. $34
12. Jon Klassen’s Hat Box One of our favorite book series now in one cute box (with a frameable print!) $29
13. Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset Requires no other equipment and will lead to hours of unreal fun $579
14. EverBrite 9-LED Flashlight 6-pack I’m not kidding when I say your 2-5 year old would be over the moon with a flashlight. $14
15. Pindaloo Skill Toys Set Amazing, challenging and addicting toy for the older kid and teen! $26
16. BACKFIRE G2 Black Electric Longboard Remote controlled electric skateboard that they can ride on anywhere! $439
17. Karaoke Microphone Wireless With Bluetooth Speaker Connects right to a phone so they can easily sing along to all their favorite songs. $28
18. Plan Toys Curvy Click Clack Marble Run The mesmerizing marble run that looks good and sounds good (that click-clack is so satisfying!) $50
19. Tent Play House A cute pop up playhouse that can be folded and put away when not in use–thank you! $69
20. Let’s Color America Coloring Poster a 3′ coloring page that doubles as room art! $29
21. Pantone: Box Of Color Board Book to start them out right $14
22. Lite-Brite this classic is back and kids everywhere are about to experience the magic of childhood $12
23. First GO! Balance Bike The cutest balance bike made without pedals to help little ones develop their balance. Plus, an adjustable-height saddle seat to grow with them. $189
24. Echo Dot Kids Edition designed with kids in mind so they can ask Alexa to play music (won’t play anything explicit!), hear stories and explore a world of kid-friendly skills. $59
25. Kids Pom Pom Beanie to keep ’em cozy. $29
More gifts for kids here! And the rest of the 2019 gift guide here!
So many great ideas on here!!! Thanks for all the great tips!!
This is such a good gift guide! I literally ordered three of the items for my kids.
Flash light tag? Once your house is not a construction zone, that could be amazing inside (cold weather) or outside in better weather.
Those building blocks, where were they when I was a kid?
My always favorite gift; the dress up box full of old slips and tutus and costumes and scarves.
And books. Lots and lots of books.
Flashlights are genius! Every preschooler loves them.
I have loved your guides for many years now-but this one is by far my favorite! So many unique and fun ideas! Thank you!!
Love this guide! I remember you mentioning a doll for your littlest. My babe is super into dolls right now — any favorite brands? Thanks!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?