I’ve been blogging for over 10 years and my cameras have kind of grown up with me. Being a very visual platform, my first purchase when I started was a beginner’s Canon Camera and I’ve only upgraded twice since, the second time being in the last month when I saw a Canon 5D Mark IV come up as one of eBay’s Daily Deals!
I also bought my previous camera on eBay and a few lenses as well! It’s a source that some may look over, but I have been able to get some of the best deals on tech for our home (Also bought our Frame TV there!). You can buy new for a steal, or refurbished or used for even steeper discounts. I always ALWAYS make sure the seller has good ratings and check on shipping location and costs too.
Whether you are in the market for a budget friendly beginner camera, or feel comfortable using manual mode and want to upgrade or maybe taking pictures is a part of your livelihood and you want to go all out–here’s what’s in my camera bag, now (and then):
For the Trigger Happy Beginners (my first camera gear that served me well for years)
- Canon 4000D
- Cell Phone Tripod Adaptor (cell phones have come so far in photography–this tripod for them is a must have for any level!)
- Memory Card Holder (never ask, “where’s my card?” again)
- This handy drawstring bag for your camera or lens is perfect to protect your gear while fitting into your every day bag.
For the “I’m Not Scared of Manual” Shooter
5. Canon 80D
6. Westcott Reflector (to bounce light around and block sun flares)
7. 50 mm prime lens (otherwise known as the “nifty fifty”–takes gorgeous photos!)
8. The Bowery Camera Bag by ONA holds a DSLR and lens, or a mirrorless camera with two lenses, as well as small accessories.
For the Seasoned Photographer
9. Canon 5D Mark iv (my new camera–she’s a masterpiece)
10. Manfrotto Tripod
11. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Zoom Lens (I had friends tell me for years this is the best lens out there, but it took me some time to save up for it and buy it. So now I’m telling you–it’s the best and I use it almost exclusively.
12. DSLR Camera Canvas Backpack Front Open Large Anti-shock SLR Travel Camera Bag — a really amazing price for a beautiful bag.
Of course there’s SO many options out there, but I can only back these products since they are what I actually have and love! Hopefully this helps give you lots of options wherever you are in your photography journey!