The pantry has been getting some love on Instagram, both on the outside and inside! Along with all of the excitement, I’ve been getting a lot of questions about what foods we keep in our pantry, so I thought it would be fun to give you a run down of a few things you’ll likely always find stocked in our pantry! This will definitely be different for every individual and family. Truthfully, most of our meals come from fresh fruits and vegetables and proteins, but we definitely keep our pantry stocked with a few family favorites–with a focus on dairy free, gluten free and grain free staples that are low in sugar for me. So if you’re curious, here’s a few of our favorite things we always keep in stock in our pantry! Would love to hear if you always have any of these? Or never tried them?
1. gimMe Organic Seaweed Sheets It’s probably not what you expected, but this roasted seaweed makes for a great snack. Our kids bring it in their lunches almost daily and if they don’t, it’s what they always reach for after school.
2. Kettle & Fire Spicy Cauliflower Soup This Kettle brand has incredible broths, and also soups–both are delicious.
3. Coconut Wraps Since I can’t have grain or gluten, I use these when I want a wrap for a quick lunch, and they’re very flavorful and roll up really well!
4. Coconut Soy-free Sauce These coconut aminos are used any time Chris cooks anything that requires soy sauce, and also when we have sushi night at home. Highly recommend!
5. Magic Spoon Cereal The hype is real with magic spoon cereal! How is it so yummy with zero grams of sugar and all those grams of protein?? One note: it does have whey so I have to eat it sparingly, but Chris keeps it stocked for his midnight snack.
6. Wilde Chicken Chips We’re so hooked on these. They are chips made with chicken instead of potato so they are really high protein and low carb and honestly I had no idea chicken could become a chip, but I’m glad someone figured it out.
7. Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips These chips make me feel like I’m not missing out on anything, and the ingredients are so clean. We love a lot of the Siete products!
8. Crio Bru This hot cacao drink is something I love sipping on on a cold cozy day. It does require a french press, so it’s kind of a whole experience.
9. Jenin Olive Oil This is Chris’s favorite go-to olive oil (for now, he said). It has more of a fruity profile which Chris likes to use for cooking, as a dressing, and more!
10. Cento Tomatoes Chris cooks with these canned tomatoes probably every week so we keep plenty in stock!
11. Jacobsen Salt If you’re not using flake salt on your food, you should! Even my girls ask for the flake salt for their cucumbers! More flavorful than table salt even.
12. Partake Grain Free Cookies I try to stay away from sugars in general, but these are what I eat when I’m really craving something sweet and I’m obsessed.
13. Catalina Crunch Cereal This is a cereal but I just prefer to just eat it as a snack. Something crunchy when I need crunchy.
14. Chomps Pepperoni Turkey If you haven’t tried chomps you must! It’s a great way to up your protein intake and I highly recommend the turkey sticks!
15. Capello’s Almond Flour Spaghetti Not all grain-free pasta substitutions taste great, but this one does and I can’t keep that secret to myself!
16. Coconut Water We mainly use this as a base for smoothies and always have a few on hand!
17. No Cow Bars Does everybody have protein bars in their pantry? These whey free, dairy free bars taste great and have so much protein, which is hard to find in a plant-based bar.
18. Clean Simple Eats Protein Best tasting protein powder on the block! Chris’s favorite flavor is the mint chocolate cookie, and they have some dairy-free powders that I use.
19. Bear Fruit Rolls Our kids love these rolls made with real fruit and no added sugars. I try to keep them in a bin so they can grab one easily for their lunches
20. Raw Honey Local honey is always a great option, but we also love this kind! Chris prefers to sweeten anything he’s cooking with honey rather than sugar!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home