Every so often, a flavor combination comes along that makes you tilt your head and squint your eyes, as you wonder, “Would that really be good?” This smoothie is like that, but it catches you off guard and is so delicious.
A few great things about this smoothie – it’s dairy free, grain and gluten free (doesn’t use oat milk), vegan, and easily made nut free, paleo or whole 30 depending on the liquid and sweetener you use. If you’re on any medications, double check to make sure they don’t react with grapefruit juice before drinking this smoothie. Otherwise, I think you’ll really love it.
Mango, Avocado & Grapefruit Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 20-ish drops liquid vanilla stevia sweetener
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 cup grapefruit juice unsweetened
- 1-2 cups coconut water depending on desired consistency
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. If the bitterness of grapefruit isn't your thing, you can add more sweetener or swap for fresh orange juice and reduce or leave out the sweetener.