In case you missed it, we’re in full-on online shopping mode today and posting a slew of gift guides, too! You can see the first gift guide for budding artists here. And now for the children (ps. somehow Greta always calls kids, “children” and it is so endearing I could faint.)
Obviously, we have two age ranges we’re covering over here–a 4 year old and a babe (Faye is almost 8 months old, what?!). So while I have been specifically looking for those ages, a lot (but not all) of these gifts are gender neutral and can fit a wider age range.
1. An heirloom first ornament. My favorite gift to pick out and hold forever before hanging on the tree. $54
2. A super-soft marled sweater knit outfit with little ears that will make you melt in the most festive color.$36
3. Baby Wooden teething phone. Because those sore gums always go for my phone first. $12
4. Handcrafted Lion booties. My heart! (They have a bunch of different animals, too!) $25
5. Johnny Jump Up. Entertaining babies for at least 40 years. $39
6. All rattles are not created equal. THIS one is knit and shaped like a pretzel! $18
7. Their very own (genius!) clock that you can set to help them stay in bed longer. Green means it’s okay to get up! $29
8. Warm and cozy Christmas jammies to open on Christmas eve. $29
9. Doorway bean bag toss game. I can hear the laughter already! $39
10. A Bedtime Shadow book. You can shine a flashlight through the pages to project the image on your child’s wall! Greta is so very into shadows and shadow puppets lately. $10
11. Speaking of! Laser-cut shadow puppets so you can make up your own story or listen to your 4 year old remix a familiar one. (My favorite thing!) $16
12. A classic Piggy Bank to stash all those quarters they keep collecting. $21
13. Magnetic dress up dolls and a little house, too, because you heard that’s all she plays with at her friend’s house. $41
14. Wooden School Bus Set so the fun doesn’t have to end after half-day preschool anymore. $22
15. A Zipfy sled. Lightweight so the little ones can carry it and fast so the big ones have fun, too. I can’t wait!…I mean. $29
More gift guides coming in the next few hours. See you then!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home