Happy Cyber Monday, friends! Happy December! This is the day that Chris and I like to wrap up our Christmas shopping–there are just so many sales going on online! We jotted down ideas of what we’d like to get everyone on our list over the break last week, and today we thought it’d be fun to share a slew of gift guides throughout the day for those of you that are still thinking–Chris even wrote one! They are scheduled to go live every few hours, so check back!
First up, some ideas for the budding artists in your life:
1. Something to help get those juices flowing. $16 (Green tea is supposed to be great for creativity, too!)
2. The smoothest, most vibrant colored pencils–a favorite of mine! Back in 11th grade, these were my medium of choice. I actually did a colored pencil drawing that ended up in our country’s capital building with these pencils. $41
3. A sturdy wood tabletop easel perfect for those artists on the go or without a dedicated studio. *raises hand!* $14
4. A variety of stretched canvases so they can dive right in. $2 and up
5. There’s no such thing as too many sketch books. I love mine spiral bound with heavy weight paper with a little bit of texture and a sturdy front and back. This one checks it all off! $24
7. A book with a positive message, graphic look and illustrations, exercises, and examples to put them in touch with their artistic side. $6
8. A utility apron to protect their clothes but still looks amazing. $60
9. Cool business cards featuring their art. You can even put a different piece on every card! $Price Varies
10. I use this tripod on the daily for photographing our house, yes. But also my paintings! I upgraded to this one last year and I can’t say enough good things about it. It’s so sturdy. Definitely worth the investment. $139 (This lens is great to have, too!)
11. Still can’t decide? Artsnacks is a monthly subscription that delivers unique high-quality art supplies to your door every month–which sounds absolutely heavenly to me. It’s definitely on my wish list. $20 and up
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home