Once or twice a year, we like to film a video house tour. It started out as something for us, to keep a moving record of our progress–nothing is more fun/depressing than watching the first one. But sharing it with all of you has become equally rewarding. You get to see how the rooms in our home connect and work together and maybe even a better glimpse into how we live in our home every day. This video tour is extra special because my nephew, Jordan, who is staying with us is actually a videographer! He owns Spectra Films and so graciously shot this for us with his very nice equipment that makes everything look a lot more like you are really here. We hope you enjoy this short walk through of our home!
A few notes!
• This is an in-progess home tour. All of our video tours are. So when you see our not-so-great master bath, or downstairs bathroom, or blank entry wall, in-progress home office, and still missing stairwell–take note! These are the reasons we make these videos, so maybe next time or in a year or two from now, we’ll be able to look back and say, “Wow! Remember when that used to look like this!”
• We recently moved the Nighthawks painting to the bottom of the stairs and I love it right there. Unfortunately, our entry is bare…again. But we’ll figure that out.
• We had to shoot this twice because when Jordan walked into Greta’s room the first time, he didn’t realize there was a small pink mirror at 6 year old height and he caught himself filming directly in it.
• In the very first shot, the first time I opened the door while we were practicing, Charly ran out. (She loves to run away to my parents’ house next door, so that’s where she stayed until we were done filming.)
• I usually turn off all the lights when I am taking photos, but for video tours, I like to turn on every light and lamp, even though it’s in the middle of the day. Everything looks so home-y.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home