“What are we going to get our parents” is a topic of conversation between Chris and I and all of our friends during the holiday season. Because they always just want something like…a letter. (It’s true, my mom always asks for a letter.) And while I love writing her a nice long card every year, it’s also a little mind-boggling to think of something to get people who seem to have everything. So we decided to make it a part of our gift guides this year! 16 great gifts to get your parents. Right here:
1. A collection of the New York Times front pages from each year since their birth, personalized with their name and birth date, and preserved in a handsome library binding. The collection forms a fascinating snapshot of their history. $99
2. Similar. Custom Face Magnets of all of their children, grandchildren and granddogs (as my dad puts it) for the fridge. $28
4. Similar. A Schoolhouse Wall clock that will bring back all the memories and warm up their walls. $19
5. An edition of the Llama Llama books to leave at their house to read to the grandkids. (It’s seriously so cute) $11
6. A Duel Head, Handheld, 24 function–GLORIOUS–shower head. Shower heads are actually pretty easy to swap out and they can make such a positive change in someone’s every day. $24
7. A Fitbit to motivate them to keep moving, track their steps and beat you in yours every. single. day. $78
8. A cool Essential Oil Diffuser for wellness and because it just smells so good. $22
9. The quintessential cookie jar, because no grandparents’ house should be without one. $29
10. Earlier this year we gathered all of my parents’ old VHS’s and sent them into Legacybox to have them digitized. It was such a hit and the footage still has us rolling. You can click HERE to get your Legacybox.
11. A soft robe–that’s really just a wearable blanket. Matching robes? Even better. $79
12. New flatware. Because with all the kids out of the house, they can enjoy little luxuries like a nice, weighted spoon with their empty-nester friends. $104 for 20
14. A Nest thermostat. A learning thermostat that will make them feel very cool. $226
15. A Custom Family Tree print. (They’ll probably cry.) $97
16. A Universal Harmony Remote (aka “clicker”) so they only have to use ONE remote to control everything with the TV. $112
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
In case you missed the announcement in our Love Letter, the wallpaper is officially installed in the laundry room, and I could not be ANY MORE IN LOVE! My ultimate goal for the laundry room was to create a space that is fresh, clean, bright, and a little utilitarian (the straight-laid tile floors definitely bring that). With […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home