This week, 9 months after the fire at our cabin, the plot finished getting cleared of all the debris. The investigation took MONTHS and in the end they declared the cause undetermined, which was heart-wrenching. It’s a weird thing being attached to something that no longer exists. Wanting to be somewhere that isn’t possible. We realize it was the memories we made there that we are deeply attached to. Of course, we wish we were able to make more but after seeing the cleared plot–we feel unattached to the land itself and ready to let go. We decided to sell the acre plot that overlooks the palisades reservoir and close this chapter of our life. I know not everyone will agree with this deeply personal decision, but we have an eager buyer so it’s already in the works and won’t be listed. It’s been a long process and year, with some legal aspects we would rather not go into; and even though it’s sad, it feels so good and right to be moving on. We still dream to one day have a cabin in the mountains somewhere. But for now, we’re happily focusing on our new home.
Other fun things this week
• Interior Define is having a 15% off everything sale through Wednesday, November 27th. We ordered the Charly sectional we designed with Interior Define for our office weeks ago, but knew they were coming out with new colors so we waited until we received swatches to order. And that happened this week! So it’s safe to say I’ve been consumed with swatches and squinting all week. Do we go out on a limb and do something fun like a rust or merlot? I initially fell for their Mod Micro in Shadow which is a dark green charcoal, but I caught wind that it was being discontinued soon and I knew that would be very frustrating for our audience down the road. If they weren’t discontinuing it, I would get that one. My favorite swatch from the bunch is their new Vintage Plush is Sisal. It’s neutral and safe (ie classic, wouldn’t look bad anywhere!) and that’s on the table too. If you’re color indecisive like me, you can still take advantage of the sale and choose the fabric later! (I love that they do that).
• McGee and Co is having their biggest sale of the year–20% off everything!–I have, literally, 13 things in my cart that I need to narrow down. Eeeek.
• Musical chairs (ha!)
• This couch I recommend to everyone is marked down to $539! It’s soooo good.
• Last week we shared tips for family photos and this week we shared on Instagram the reality of trying to take our own. Take a look below.
(We ordered Minted’s Wonderland Foil-Pressed Holiday Cards)
• You need to order this game for after Thanksgiving dinner! (We play with everyone starting with $4!)