Yesterday on Instagram stories, I shared decorating our kitchen for fall in real time. I really focused on creating an autumn feeling with practical items–apples, branches cut from outside, a cookbook opened to a fall recipe displayed on a stand. It was so fun sharing with all of you and the response was motivating. I’ll definitely do more of these!
But do you know what question I got the most? It was about our soap set by the sink! Haha. I got it awhile back and just refill it now since it’s still so stylish. I rounded up a few others at every price point (including some a plain amber bottle set your can label yourself with black label tape–so chic), along with some dispensers and even trays to place them on. A soap set is something you can buy once and refill over and over and over again and somehow everyone notices it. It adds so much to a space–a detail that is often looked over.
Other fun things this week!
• Your can go on a virtual shopping spree with Bill Gates’ money and it’s hilarious and eye-opening and insane.
• This must have cardigan is on sale. (I got a s/m)
• This podcast with relationship expert, John Gottman,was incredible and insightful. A must listen!
• Remember the huge round black mirror we had for our entry in our last home? Well, the same brand came out with an affordable oval one (oval mirrors are allllll the rage right now) and it’s so good. We scooped one up for Greta’s bathroom.
• Dreamy hotel that just furthers my confidence in a dark exterior.
• You must go follow Colin King. He’s an incredibly talented interior stylist and designer. I somehow only recently discovered his account and it’s refreshingly moody.
• We have always loved filling our home with art, but sold a lot of pieces with our last house and I’ve missed the character that art adds so much. I’ve been on the lookout for special pieces for our home now and then the The Vintage Rug Shop goes and launches art this week! I keep sending Chris listings–what an amazing collection.