Yesterday on Instagram stories, I shared decorating our kitchen for fall in real time. I really focused on creating an autumn feeling with practical items–apples, branches cut from outside, a cookbook opened to a fall recipe displayed on a stand. It was so fun sharing with all of you and the response was motivating. I’ll definitely do more of these!
But do you know what question I got the most? It was about our soap set by the sink! Haha. I got it awhile back and just refill it now since it’s still so stylish. I rounded up a few others at every price point (including some a plain amber bottle set your can label yourself with black label tape–so chic), along with some dispensers and even trays to place them on. A soap set is something you can buy once and refill over and over and over again and somehow everyone notices it. It adds so much to a space–a detail that is often looked over.
Other fun things this week!
• Your can go on a virtual shopping spree with Bill Gates’ money and it’s hilarious and eye-opening and insane.
• This must have cardigan is on sale. (I got a s/m)
• This podcast with relationship expert, John Gottman,was incredible and insightful. A must listen!
• Remember the huge round black mirror we had for our entry in our last home? Well, the same brand came out with an affordable oval one (oval mirrors are allllll the rage right now) and it’s so good. We scooped one up for Greta’s bathroom.
• Dreamy hotel that just furthers my confidence in a dark exterior.
• You must go follow Colin King. He’s an incredibly talented interior stylist and designer. I somehow only recently discovered his account and it’s refreshingly moody.
• We have always loved filling our home with art, but sold a lot of pieces with our last house and I’ve missed the character that art adds so much. I’ve been on the lookout for special pieces for our home now and then the The Vintage Rug Shop goes and launches art this week! I keep sending Chris listings–what an amazing collection.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home