This week was monumental for me. Something shifted. I started feeling so much better and and after a long drought of feeling unmotivated and uncreative, I hung art and moved furniture and made plans. I’m starting to feel so much more like me which has been refreshing and rejuvenating.
One of the places I hung art was on this wall right between the pantry and kitchen. I originally hung these pieces in the office but since replaced them with this motivating flag hung behind my desk. This wall has always bothered me because it’s at the end of a long main hallway and there were wall pimples all over it. You know–wall pimples. Those necessary small outlets, switches, thermostats, alarm systems, etc. that can sometimes feel like visual clutter on your wall. This particular wall was prominent but felt visually cluttered by our ADT alarm system and switches. When we renovate the kitchen, likely next year now, the plan is to move this entire wall to the left so you walk right into the kitchen at the end of the hall, but in the meantime, I knew a simple asymmetrical gallery wall would take the attention away from the wall pimples–And it worked like a charm!
Look at how they demanded so much attention before:
I’ve seen people add frames to wall pimples (which I think can kind of draw more attention to them) or even add art over things like thermostats but we use our alarm system multiple times a day so simply adding art really shifted the focus. I would love to add one more to the top right when I find the right piece. But for now–it’s these little things that keep me so motivated and happy at home.
Art from top to bottom: Rocky Shore, Old Apple Tree, The Moment is Now, Summer Tree, Runner (from this seller on eBay), Kitchen Art (vintage), Cutting Board, Hallway Art, Hallway Light, Wall Paint Color: Alabaster by Sherwin Williams, Trim: Accessible Beige by Sherwin Williams, Kitchen Cabinets: Thunderous by Sherwin Williams
More fun things this week!
• Speaking of alarm systems we’re excited to bring back the Chris Loves Julia x ADT security program! Safety and security is at the forefront of a lot of people’s minds right now and we’ve had several of you reach out asking about our ADT system. We couldn’t be happier with the system, the service or the equipment–we just added all of our light switches to our system! It’s the best! And has put us completely at peace (you can read more about our experience of getting back a feeling of security after tragedy here). For a limited time, when you sign up at chrislovesjuliasecurity.com, you can receive a free basic security system, ($499 value), free doorbell cam(normally $199), free touch screen keypad, and 1 free fire/carbon detector ($99), plus free install ($99)! You’ll only be paying your monthly fee (which starts at just $30!).
• So excited to watch @Studiolaloc’s bathroom unfold. This mood board is incredible!
• The only case you need for mixed planters. Swoon!
• My every day trainers are 40% off. I couldn’t recommend them more. I wear them with everything from jeans to dresses. They are so flattering! I have the black, but love the off-white, too!
• I ordered this beautiful tapestry for the dining room! I hope it looks how I imagine it will look.
Hope you all have a great weekend! We’re setting up some furniture around our new fire pit and there will absolutely be s’mores involved.