So much progress was made on the cabin this week! I’m actually having trouble sleeping because so much is happening at one time and being not right in the middle of it is both very exciting and also a little nerve-wrecking. The main fireplace is completely framed in, the HVAC is done and the floors are getting ready to go down. We live just a quick (beautiful!) hour from the Palisades, so it’s not unheard of for us to “run up there real quick” to check on things. Or for me to tell Chris, “Wait! no! wait for me to take down those shade sails. I’ll be right there to hold the ladder!” Which is exactly what happened this week. When we purchased the a-frame it came with these functional, but unsightly shade sales screwed to the front covering all the windows–the main attraction! We are going to be installing an undetectable film directly to the windows to help keep the sun/heat at bay instead, and it felt like Christmas morning to be able to take these down.
So. much. better already! It was done in preparation of the exterior paint job that is also happening right this very second. I showed a few options that we were leaning toward on my stories this week and for all of you waiting in anticipation–we decided to go with black. In the end, this is a retreat and boundaries should be pushed. It should be interesting. We’re so excited! Also, this cabin by @mowerymarsharchitects landed in my DMs more than I can can count. Yes, yes, yes! It’s going to be so good. We’re going to try to squeeze in a quick check-in today–hope to share a sneak peek on stories!
More fun things this week!
• Did you catch our annual home tour earlier this week? You may have noticed in our home tour that we layered a vintage persian rug in the girls’ bedroom. It kind of happened by accident! We moved the rug out of the guest room when we got the carpet cleaned and when we rolled out the girls’ striped rug, it needed some extra help laying flat–cue the persian rug we got from eSaleRugs to help weigh it down. And it looked so nice in there (plus, the girls said they felt like queens with it) that it stayed! It’s a one of a kind, but I found this rug on Target, of all places, that looks so similar and is so incredibly affordable. I’m not sure if it’s a fluke, but right now the 8×10 is actually cheaper than the 5×8 and 6×9–run!
• Have you watched The Good Place on Netflix? It’s soo hilarious and I love the quick, 20 minute episodes because usually anything longer I fall asleep in! We’re all caught up and can’t wait for season 3 to come out next week!
• I’d rather buy throw pillows, than purses which explains why I have been rocking the same one for years! But every time I’m spotted wearing it on Instagram, my DMs get flooded. Here’s my cross-body bag–she’s a keeper.
• Fun fact: our amazing intern, Brooke, took off the very jeans she was wearing (don’t worry–she slipped on a pair of mine) and shoes while she was working on this Propertee flat lay because she felt like we needed lighter, more worn options. (That’s dedication! And she was right. And also, dresses so cool!) Get the Indoorsy sweatshirt here .
• Something about the weather getting colder always has me eyeing all the socks. These rugby striped ones?–I’ll take one in every color!
• These workout pants are an amazing dupe to the lululemon ones and under $30!
This keychain has me written all over it.
Do you use a facial roller? I’ve heard such good things about them and when I saw this rose quartz one, with excellent reviews!, was on sale for $23–I pounced! I’ll report back.