We’ve been going pretty non-stop, trying to cram an entire bathroom renovation into a short amount of time (can’t wait to show you how it turned out! It’s beautiful!), while filming it and a few other projects for brands. Planning the cabin. Getting our home ready to host 30 people for Thanksgiving. Getting our gift guides ready and out before Cyber Monday (we still have two more to release!) and then my body just crashed. I got the worst flu I’ve ever experienced and have been trying to recover all week, so I apologize for some radio silence.
This week, Greta came home from school one day and said, “Mom? Do you believe in Santa?” Without hesitation, I said, “Yes!” and she said, “Good. Me too.” Apparently, one of her cousins had mentioned that he didn’t and I could see the first ounce of doubt in her eyes. I know every family has different thoughts and traditions on the subject, but I want to keep the magic alive as long as possible. I think my mom eventually broke it to me something like, “anyone can be Santa.” I talked to a few girlfriends about the subject and one said that in her family it’s “You only get presents if you believe in Santa.” which I actually got a kick out of and love because then even the teenagers are saying, I believe! with a wink in their eye. And another friend said something similar to what my mom used to. How does it go down in your house? Does Santa bring the biggest gift? All the gifts? Just the stocking? Around here, Santa brings the gift the girls asked Santa for, but mom and dad usually top it with something they didn’t even think of! ;) We’re surprising the girls with a train ride on the Polar Express (in Heber City, Utah) this weekend and I can barely wait to see their reaction.
Other fun things this week!
• This looks like a really fun cookbook for movie lovers.
• I was feeling guilty about not getting my Christmas decor perfected and published on the blog this week, but then I read Stefanie’s post about “slow decorating” and after I wiped the drool off my chin, I felt better. She’s so good…
• I ordered these tortoise hoop earrings this week and can’t wait to wear them every day!
• Are you a compulsive apologizer? (I am!) According to this article, “sorry” is the word you’re never supposed to say to guests.
• On Meghan Markle’s engagement (yup!!)
• Thanks for all the love on our gift guides up to this point! Your comments saying, “This is perhaps the most on-point gift guide I’ve seen! Perfect style! And actually things I want / could see myself gifting!” are exactly what we’re going for and we make our gift guides around what we’re actually gifting ourselves! We’re excited to publish our gift guide for your parents/in-laws and home lovers next week, but in case you missed it here’s the 2017 Gift Guide so far, including:
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!