This post is sponsored by West Elm. They extended their Cyber Monday sale to today, so many (all?!) of these perfect gift ideas you can snag on the cheap for your besties, too.
I am fortunate enough to have a handful of amazing girlfriends. We text all day, get together for lunch once a week and support each other through thick and thin. When thinking of what to get for a best friend (and psst…Best friend isn’t a person…It’s a tier.) I’ve learned it’s less about the object and more about the thought or words or note or memory you attach to it. West Elm truly carries something for every friend on my list, in a beautiful way that feels infinitely more special than Thursdays at Cafe Rio. A gift she’ll cherish always for the thought as well as the aesthetic.
• For the friend with the best skin that’s still determined to find the ultimate face mask and reports back every week, this Activated Charcoal Dead Sea Salt Detox set with a Swell Water bottle, because even she knows the best skin starts with hydration.
• For the friend who will always quote every movie with you and have your whole gang over after the kids go to sleep to watch the Bach at her place, this softest faux fur throw along with this sweetest spotted planter (similar) with a fern in it and a tiny note that says, “love fern” on the card.
• For the friend who is knee deep in babies, this trio of glass shadow boxes with a delicate ring or necklace inside to remind her she’s so beautiful.
• For your oldest friend, a lovely polished nickel frame with the joke from a Laffy Taffy that launched your friendship at age 12 inside. (Concert tickets, movie stubs, handwritten notes, or of course, photos also work).
• For the friend who makes things happen!, but still also makes time for your weekly lunches and answers every time you call, this Go Getter mug along with a bath bomb inside and a note that says, “I got your kids for the evening” because she’d love nothing more than to do nothing.
• For the friend who takes herself a little too seriously and always looks forward to girls night so she can let loose, this llama snow globe that will put a smile on her face when every time she passes by. This flying lion one is equally amazing.
• Lastly, for the friend you just met this year but instantly connected with and want to get something! This marble and wood cutting board and this Champagne Toast candle (that smells so delicious!) to cheers to new besties.
What are you wrapping up for your girlfriends this year?
SHOP THE POST
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home