Easter is next week, so I wanted to share one more recipe that would be a great addition to your holiday spread. This salad is so light, but full of freshness and flavor. It comes to gather in less than 30 minutes and will work well with anything you want to serve it with (or even as a light meal on its own).
Blueberry & Bacon Spring Salad
- 5 strips thick cut bacon chopped
- 5 oz baby spinach washed and dried
- 5 oz arugula washed and dried
- 6 oz fresh blueberries washed and dried
- 4 oz goat cheese chèvre
For the vinaigrette
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 3 tbsp bacon grease warm
- In a pan on medium heat cook the bacon, rending the fat from it. Remove from the pan into a bowl lined with paper towel to drain. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the bacon grease to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice. Once the bacon grease is cooled, add it to the dressing and whisk together until uniform (if the dressing becomes clumpy, microwave it for about 10 seconds to warm the bacon grease back up).
- In a large bowl, toss together the greens. Top with the cooked bacon, blueberries, and crumbled chèvre. Pour the dressing over top and toss together to combine evenly. Serve immediately.