When the kids go back to school, it’s a vibe, is what I’m saying. The house just feels different. Things are more organized. Our daily routines become more structured. And that initial back-to-school time just feels so wholesome. Do you know what I mean?
The lockers in our bonus room go through the biggest transformation this time of year, as they get filled with backpacks, books, and school supplies. I have begun slowly transitioning our home and mindset to accommodate the new impending schedule. And I wanted to share a round-up of things I use in my home to help me feel prepared for back-to-school season. All of these picks are things that will help your home feel different, more organized, and ready for a new exciting season.
1. Desktop Clock $59 Can we please bring clocks back?
2. Planner $22 To help you stay on top of allll the things.
3. Acrylic Scissors $22 These are gorg. I am always looking for scissors around the house!
4. Linen Letter Tray $27 Let’s make the clutter at least look pretty.
5. Leather Laptop Case $88 I’ve had this exact one for years and it’s still going strong.
6. Doormat $13 The happiest of welcomes.
7. It’s Cool to be Kind Pennant $26 My girls have this!
8. Writing Desk $895 Obsessed with the legs on this.
9. Marble Pen Cup $20 To make your pens look like a million bucks.
10. Poppin Pens $10 These are the pens ;)
11. Floral Art $13 Freshen up your frames too!
12. Savon de Marseille Hand Soap $19 One of the 30 hand soaps we tested last year!
13. Acrylic Wall Calendar $84 I love this style!
14. Pencil Pouch $14 You cutie.
15. Framed Pinboard $169 We had three of these in our office in our last home. Such a sleek way to display kids art or inspiration photos.
16. Memo Notepad $14 *Adds to cart*
17. Honeycrisp Oakwood Pura Scent $11 If back to school had a smell, this would be it.
18. Entry Cabinets $3119 The girls’ lockers! We trimmed them out to give them a built-in look and had them painted the same color as the room.
19. Hotelier Hook $20 Would make a perfect backpack hook.
20. Linen Desktop File $44 The chicest file organizer I ever did see.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home
Make yourself right at home