2020 was the year we all became Homebodies. It’s a role I’ve cherished my whole life, but it was only as an adult that I started realizing if this is where I want to be, if this is where I’m going to spend all my time–then I’m going to surround myself with what makes me happy. I started buying the pretty scissors and staplers and candles and room scents and a cozy throw for the arm of every sofa and house shoes. This guide is for anyone (everyone) who loves home.
First! We restocked a small amount of ProperTee Homebody holiday gift boxes! It’s the perfect gift for a friend or family member (we can include gift messages on the included post card if you’d like!) but shhh, also makes the perfect gift for yourself!
Each box includes:
We rounded up 14 more ideas for Homebodies below!!
1. Home Ornament: $24 with “2020” on it–perfect for someone who bought their first place this year!
2. John Derian Photo Book: $72 My favorite, large picture coffee table book I bought this year. It’s stunning!
3. Handcrafted Terra Cotta Bowl: $99 A beautiful big bowl that I moved from the dining table to the kitchen to the entry to the coffee table so far this year.
4. Ribbed Cardigan: $47 An oversized duster cardigan to wrap themselves up in. It’s like wearing a blanket, really.
5. Golden Acrylic Scissors: $20 Elevated utilitarian tools are always so well received in my book.
6. Holiday Puzzle: $34 My favorite thing to do over Christmas break is a puzzle. period. And this one is so beautiful!
7. Tea Towels: $20 Yes, thank you, more please.
8. Cutting Boards (set of 3): $218 Kitchen essentials. We use these as serving platters all the time!
9. White Marble Lazy Susan: $16 Beautiful for a kitchen or bathroom.
10. Custom House Portrait: $42 I gave this to all of my sisters depicting our childhood home and there. were. tears!
11. Measuring Tape: $45 I keep this beautiful leather measuring tape in my purse and I can’t tell you how many times it has come in handy.
12. Glass Box: $24 These boxes are beautiful ways to display just about anything.
13. Cozy Sherpa Throw: $24 Remember what I said about a throw on the arm of every sofa?! This is it!
14. Plug-in Wall Sconce: $184 For any and every little corner. Lamps make everything more cozy…as every homebody knows. ;)
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home