We have walls! Well sort of. It’s been 2 weeks since our last entry progress update and a lot has happened since then. The floors have been filled and the studs for the new walls are in!
If you’ve been following my stories on Instagram, you’ve likely seen how daunting the task of patching these floors was. But Chris and Tristan made a great plan that worked perfectly – the floors are secure, there are no gaps, and it doesn’t squeak one bit! (a common problem after patching wood floors)
Today we’ll start framing in the current closet opening, and creating a doorway to the closet on the other side. Be sure to check out this post to see the floor plan for a better visual. The electricians will be here tomorrow to install switches and outlets. Other things on the list are drywall, tape and texture, hang the doors, install baseboards and trim, flooring in the closet, and then we’re ready for some paint. Things are rolling!
But all this work is just to get it “blank slate” status. I’ve never been so excited for straight walls, and 90 degree corners, to be honest. And with so many beautiful moments popping up throughout our house as the renovation continues, I’ve been gathering all the inspiration for creating something special on that wall that meets the stairway. I didn’t realize how many inspiration photos I saved, but here are some of my favorites.
1. I love a large vase with messy greens.
2. This one feels a little bit neater, but still piles on the charm. I love the juxtaposition of crisp white mixed with vintage details.
3. The perfect blend of modern and traditional. That floor lamp is the perfect touch.
4. Short on room? A tiny table still adds so much.
5. I love the idea of a dresser to maximize storage in an entry!
6. This photo with the plethora of frames made my heart skip a beat. I want to replicate that one day.
In our entry, we have a vintage bench right now, and I still really love it there and I’m excited to have a bit more room for it. When something starts coming together the way you envision it – that’s the part of renovation I just love so much. And as we make our way through our plans, it’s also fun to see how far we’ve come. And really, this sweet little entry makes me smile every day – and I love it for that.