Well. Here we are. Talking about eyebrows. Which is extremely off topic here on the blog, where we prefer to spend our days talking about the kitchen reno or finishing up Greta’s room–but is quite the hot topic on Instagram. “You have the best eyebrows!” They say. I am telling you, somewhat embarrassed and awkwardly, “I have a little help.”
1. Here are my natural eyebrows. I used to pluck them quite a bit (didn’t we all a decade ago?) but have been letting them grow back to their natural thickness for a good 5 or 6 years, maybe 7? Truthfully, what year is it?! One day, I just decided–let’s let these babies grow. And here’s where that got me.
2. Here’s my secret. I use an eyebrow pencil–no–more like a marker
to get them a little thicker, a little more solid and, most importantly, to balance out my features–I have large facial features. Big eyes. A big nose. Good sized lips. There’s gotta be a balance up top. Even if you don’t have large features like me, I think a good, thicker eyebrow would look great on you. ;) I swear by Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color
(I use the Medium color–I think they have a blonde, too).
3. I generally go over natural eyebrows quickly and go a little higher, too, to make them thicker. I also brush lightly near where my brow meets my nose line–or is supposed to; the hairs are a little sparse there. Did you know the wider the brow gap between your nose, the larger your nose will look? I definitely don’t need a bigger-looking nose. The marker is really natural looking. No crazy, dark lines–which is great, because I have no idea what I’m doing.
4. Here’s a side by side of one brow done and one not. Crazy huh? Both how thicker brows make my eyes pop and this look in general. Don’t go out like this. Not recommended.
5. Here are both brows done. This definitely doesn’t take me longer than 60 seconds. It’s quick and I think it makes such a difference.
Secret’s out– now you can have “the best brows”, too. Or maybe you’re still on the thin train. Work it.
Ps. This post is not sponsored by Stila or anything. I just wanted to let you all in the brow circle of trust.