While we shared before photos of our new cabin back in November (check out those here), we realized we never took or shared a before video tour of the A-frame we bought last Fall. So last week, we drove up for that specific purpose. It’s a quick hour to get there and the drive is beautiful!
Here’s the tour:
A few notes (if you prefer to watch it on YouTube, click here):
• The audio is really soft–sorry about that.
• Most all the furniture and stuff you see at the cabin was there when we bought it. TVs, couches, beds, dining furniture. Too many dressers. We brought up fresh bedding and added the sectional in the main living room recently.
• The cabin is nestled on a mountainside which is amazing (the views!) but has also proved to be challenging in a lot of ways this winter. We can’t receive deliveries there (there’s a public box the size of a refrigerator a mile down the road for FedEx deliveries) so we’ll have to bring everything up ourselves.
• There’s probably 3-4 feet of snow there right now and it’s difficult to get the steep driveway consistently plowed.
• You’ll see in the video just how rough the kitchen is, but before we can do that, we have to redo the floors (we’ll be laying wood floors throughout), but before we do that we have to address the fireplaces since they’ll likely change the footprint of the floors.
• We’d like to automate both fireplaces so that we can turn them on (and start heating the cabin) before we are driving up (or before guests arrive) so we don’t have to wear coats for a couple hours inside.
We’re starting our first mini-renovation up there this month! So it won’t be long before the cabin no longer looks like the video.
PS. One of our favorite things to do is watch old video tours of our current home (we take them at least yearly). Here’s the most recent one from September–it’s already changed!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home