While we shared before photos of our new cabin back in November (check out those here), we realized we never took or shared a before video tour of the A-frame we bought last Fall. So last week, we drove up for that specific purpose. It’s a quick hour to get there and the drive is beautiful!
Here’s the tour:
A few notes (if you prefer to watch it on YouTube, click here):
• The audio is really soft–sorry about that.
• Most all the furniture and stuff you see at the cabin was there when we bought it. TVs, couches, beds, dining furniture. Too many dressers. We brought up fresh bedding and added the sectional in the main living room recently.
• The cabin is nestled on a mountainside which is amazing (the views!) but has also proved to be challenging in a lot of ways this winter. We can’t receive deliveries there (there’s a public box the size of a refrigerator a mile down the road for FedEx deliveries) so we’ll have to bring everything up ourselves.
• There’s probably 3-4 feet of snow there right now and it’s difficult to get the steep driveway consistently plowed.
• You’ll see in the video just how rough the kitchen is, but before we can do that, we have to redo the floors (we’ll be laying wood floors throughout), but before we do that we have to address the fireplaces since they’ll likely change the footprint of the floors.
• We’d like to automate both fireplaces so that we can turn them on (and start heating the cabin) before we are driving up (or before guests arrive) so we don’t have to wear coats for a couple hours inside.
We’re starting our first mini-renovation up there this month! So it won’t be long before the cabin no longer looks like the video.
PS. One of our favorite things to do is watch old video tours of our current home (we take them at least yearly). Here’s the most recent one from September–it’s already changed!