We start this episode with a small recap of our time in Seattle visiting the HGTV dream home (read more about that here) and then describe where and what our dream homes would be! They might surprise you!
Then we dive into a new segment, that we eventually decide to call “Cabin Log” (although Cabin of Green Gables was a close second! Ha!) where we’re telling a few more nitty gritty details of our adventures in renovating our new-to-us A-frame. While we love our cabin, it’s hasn’t all been views and a walk in the park. This week’s log story includes a whole lotta snow and a very expensive lesson.
For the main segment, we go through House Beautiful’s 16 Decor Trends that are Going to Be Hot for 2018 and weigh in on each.
• For starters, if they’re saying high contrast is out, why am I feeling like our dark accent wall in the playroom feels dated?
• And what do we really think about brass?
• Chris raps about the tone on tone trend.
• And although House Beautiful is telling us to go moodier (compared to what?!), there’s a big change we’re making in our house that goes in the opposite direction!
• And then, yeah, I mispronounce agate over and over and over. (I now realize, I was thinking of the word agave!) Here’s the link to Sarah Sherman Samuel’s Wallpaper line.
• Also, my 2018 goal to convert Preston to beige–who do I need to add to the list?
Can’t Get You Outta My Mind
Preston talks about launching his own personal development podcast, Next Level Life, last week and how he worked so hard to make it the number 1 podcast in his category–a goal he totally nailed!
Chris declares his love for Inca Corn. (I filled his stocking with these, and he ate them all in less than a week!)
This Episode is Sponsored by:
We’ve been using Blue Apron for almost three years now, and we couldn’t recommend it more. They even started offering Whole30® Compliant options, so give it a try this week! Our listeners can get $30 off their first order by visiting www.blueapron.com/clj
Jules is nonstop raving about her ThirdLove bras, and their incredible process. From determining fit to selecting a style, you can do it all from the comfort of your home and they offer 60 different size options! Visit www.thirdlove.com/clj to get 15% off your first purchase.