It’s time to Springify the house, and we’re talking about how that happens for the Marcums. We talk about best practices and places for buying and selling used furniture and house items on-line.
Then we play a game revealing things you wouldn’t believe you can put in the dishwasher. It just might blow your mind.
Reader Question: Buying & Selling Online
• Knowing when it’s time to sell something
• Different websites where you can sell things
• Things to include in a listing
• How to decide a price
• Tricks that will help you get top dollar
Game: New Uses for Your Dishwasher
• Things you may not have considered cleaning, or cooking, in your dishwasher.
Can’t Get You Outta My Head
Julia: Julia finally traded in her $6 concealer for a higher quality option, the Smashbox number shown below. I also mention how I only really wear 6 pieces of makeup (my makeup bag can practically fit in a coin purse!). They are:
Theme song Headphones by Preston Pugmire
How to Listen (iPhone):
1. Tap the podcast app on your phone. The icon for it looks like this:
2. Search for “Chris Loves Julia” in the search bar and tap on the podcast title, which is “The Chris Loves Julia Podcast w/Preston Pugmire”
3. On the search results page the top section will list Podcast Episodes. Ignore that for now – first tap on the larger thumbnail (image) under the “Podcasts” section.
4. Once you’re on the podcast page, the first thing you want to do is tap the “Subscribe” button. There’s no cost to subscribe, and this way you’ll receive a notification each week when a new episode goes live.
5. Listen to an episode by first tapping the cloud icon to the right, allowing it to download, then tapping the episode to begin playing.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home