The new rug for the living room arrived this week (more on Monday!) and we love it so much. We got a lot of inquiries about purchasing our blue rug, but we rolled it up and put it in storage for now because we still love it so much, too, and will likely use it in the future somewhere. This winter was long and dark and sometimes you just need a little change to get out of a funk, and there’s no shame in that. We’re enjoying our lighter digs and it spurred a little bit of rearranging, too! Everything feels fresh and new and I can’t wait to share the lighting hack Chris came up with for the living room on Monday, too. Changed my life!
Other fun things this week!
• I’m always on the hunt for new art, and I can’t wait to hang this latest piece by my favorite artist in our home. Step aside faux antlers…
• Can this be my entry/mudroom please?! (But really.)
• Greta turned 7 this week (how did that happen!?) and we her a GizmoPal for her birthday. It’s a wearable watch that can call 4 people and has a GPS tracker in it so we always know exactly where she is. It costs just $5 a month on our Verizon plan and gives us so much peace of mind, and makes Greta feel very cool. She loves it SO. MUCH! She has called us every free minute on the playground at school and gives us updates while walking to her friends’ house a couple doors down. She calls us when she wakes up in the morning and her other contacts, her grandparents, get about 6 calls a day, too. Hahaha.
• Want to know something crazy? We’ve kept every Blue Apron recipe card we’ve received from the past two years in a binder! We love re-making the dishes and they are filled with great tips, too. They recently updated their cards and site, and I love how on the home page now, it gives us VIDEO tips for the recipes that we received that week! This week, there’s a video on how to get perfect citrus zest for Chicken Milanese and how to cut and prepare butternut squash for our Butternut Squash Pasta. If you haven’t tried it yet, you can get three free meals off your first order on us by clicking here.
• We talked about how fun this game was in the podcast, and I failed to link it. But seriously, soooo fun. Greta also got Guess Who for her birthday from cousins and the revamped version is even more fun than my childhood one. People! Food! Animals! Cars! (Sadly, I didn’t recognize Maria anywhere though)
• Did you do anything special for Valentine’s day? With me being so sick and Greta’s birthday the day before, we took Valentine’s day off this year. So much so that Chris had to go out the morning of because we forgot to get cards for Greta to bring to school! The most hilarious/saddest part of this whole story is that February 1st I was feeling okay and I ambitiously bought Chris a gift and labeled it Happy Valentine’s Day 1 of 14–with all intention of giving him a gift every day until V-day. That lasted all of one day. We’re already planning on making up for it, and the past 4 months, by taking a Maui babymoon after the Lowe’s Spring Makeover.
• Must-have sink caddy.
• Lots of great sales going on this weekend for President’s Day!!
West Elm (20% off entire purchase with SAVE20–includes furniture! That’s huge for them.)
Target (Up to 30% off home items + additional 10% off this weekend with code PRESIDENT)
Nordstrom (Up to 40% off everything)
Overstock (Up to 70% off home items)
Lowe’s (40% off kitchen and bath event)
LuLu & Georgia (20% off their amazing rugs!)
Anthropologie (Extra 40% off sale items!)
Williams Sonoma (20% any one item + free shipping with code UPICK)
World Market (30% off all Dining tables and chairs–great deals here!)
All Modern (extra 15% off with code GEORGE)
The bathroom reno continues over here, any fun plans on your end this weekend?!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home