The new rug for the living room arrived this week (more on Monday!) and we love it so much. We got a lot of inquiries about purchasing our blue rug, but we rolled it up and put it in storage for now because we still love it so much, too, and will likely use it in the future somewhere. This winter was long and dark and sometimes you just need a little change to get out of a funk, and there’s no shame in that. We’re enjoying our lighter digs and it spurred a little bit of rearranging, too! Everything feels fresh and new and I can’t wait to share the lighting hack Chris came up with for the living room on Monday, too. Changed my life!
Other fun things this week!
• I’m always on the hunt for new art, and I can’t wait to hang this latest piece by my favorite artist in our home. Step aside faux antlers…
• Can this be my entry/mudroom please?! (But really.)
• Greta turned 7 this week (how did that happen!?) and we her a GizmoPal for her birthday. It’s a wearable watch that can call 4 people and has a GPS tracker in it so we always know exactly where she is. It costs just $5 a month on our Verizon plan and gives us so much peace of mind, and makes Greta feel very cool. She loves it SO. MUCH! She has called us every free minute on the playground at school and gives us updates while walking to her friends’ house a couple doors down. She calls us when she wakes up in the morning and her other contacts, her grandparents, get about 6 calls a day, too. Hahaha.
• Want to know something crazy? We’ve kept every Blue Apron recipe card we’ve received from the past two years in a binder! We love re-making the dishes and they are filled with great tips, too. They recently updated their cards and site, and I love how on the home page now, it gives us VIDEO tips for the recipes that we received that week! This week, there’s a video on how to get perfect citrus zest for Chicken Milanese and how to cut and prepare butternut squash for our Butternut Squash Pasta. If you haven’t tried it yet, you can get three free meals off your first order on us by clicking here.
• We talked about how fun this game was in the podcast, and I failed to link it. But seriously, soooo fun. Greta also got Guess Who for her birthday from cousins and the revamped version is even more fun than my childhood one. People! Food! Animals! Cars! (Sadly, I didn’t recognize Maria anywhere though)
• Did you do anything special for Valentine’s day? With me being so sick and Greta’s birthday the day before, we took Valentine’s day off this year. So much so that Chris had to go out the morning of because we forgot to get cards for Greta to bring to school! The most hilarious/saddest part of this whole story is that February 1st I was feeling okay and I ambitiously bought Chris a gift and labeled it Happy Valentine’s Day 1 of 14–with all intention of giving him a gift every day until V-day. That lasted all of one day. We’re already planning on making up for it, and the past 4 months, by taking a Maui babymoon after the Lowe’s Spring Makeover.
• Must-have sink caddy.
• Lots of great sales going on this weekend for President’s Day!!
West Elm (20% off entire purchase with SAVE20–includes furniture! That’s huge for them.)
Target (Up to 30% off home items + additional 10% off this weekend with code PRESIDENT)
Nordstrom (Up to 40% off everything)
Overstock (Up to 70% off home items)
Lowe’s (40% off kitchen and bath event)
LuLu & Georgia (20% off their amazing rugs!)
Anthropologie (Extra 40% off sale items!)
Williams Sonoma (20% any one item + free shipping with code UPICK)
World Market (30% off all Dining tables and chairs–great deals here!)
All Modern (extra 15% off with code GEORGE)
The bathroom reno continues over here, any fun plans on your end this weekend?!