Our new dining light is here and it’s perfect in it’s simplicity. I knew I wanted a large globe light–they’re classic and even a little vintage feeling. My grandma had 4 white globe lights hanging over her island in her kitchen and I remember even as a child thinking how cool they were. In my search, I struggled finding one with the right scale to hang above our large round table until I stumbled upon this 16″ globe light from Schoolhouse! It comes in two finishes and a bunch of sizes but the largest, the 16″, was just right. At night, it glows in the best way. Although that could partially be the lack of having any light here for the past few weeks talking. (On second thought, no–it’s really perfect.)
16″ is really substantial. Substantial enough to carry an entire dining table on its own (even more so in real life, honestly!), but I rounded up a bunch with a similar vibe at different price points in case you might not need one that large. (we have #8!)
Other fun things this week
• Kind of want to DIY this doormat stat!
• “If you’re designing in a basement, I feel like it’s often better to just lean in to what the space wants anyway; go ahead and embrace the dark. No point painting it a sunny yellow.” Couldn’t agree more.
• brb, never taking this off. (I got the olive in small)
• Everyone sent me this photo and all I can say is can’t wait!
• This week we launched our very first weekly e-newsletter–Love Letter. It’s been a dream of ours to put this together for awhile and I’m so happy it’s finally here. It’s filled with exclusive content and goes out to our email list every Wednesday night. You can subscribe for free right here.
• This week, we’ve been a little MIA as we poured 12+ hour days into a really amazing video shoot with a large brand. They arrived Sunday and we wrapped Wednesday night. It was so. much. work. but a really great experience, too. We can’t say much more, but someone did capture this behind the scenes below. The concept was so cool and the team (I swear there were 20 people at our house) was so talented. We can’t wait to share more hopefully next month!!
Hope you all have a great weekend! Chris and I are headed to Park City for some much needed R&R, and to work on our secret handshake. ;)
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home