Our new dining light is here and it’s perfect in it’s simplicity. I knew I wanted a large globe light–they’re classic and even a little vintage feeling. My grandma had 4 white globe lights hanging over her island in her kitchen and I remember even as a child thinking how cool they were. In my search, I struggled finding one with the right scale to hang above our large round table until I stumbled upon this 16″ globe light from Schoolhouse! It comes in two finishes and a bunch of sizes but the largest, the 16″, was just right. At night, it glows in the best way. Although that could partially be the lack of having any light here for the past few weeks talking. (On second thought, no–it’s really perfect.)
16″ is really substantial. Substantial enough to carry an entire dining table on its own (even more so in real life, honestly!), but I rounded up a bunch with a similar vibe at different price points in case you might not need one that large. (we have #8!)
Other fun things this week
• Kind of want to DIY this doormat stat!
• “If you’re designing in a basement, I feel like it’s often better to just lean in to what the space wants anyway; go ahead and embrace the dark. No point painting it a sunny yellow.” Couldn’t agree more.
• brb, never taking this off. (I got the olive in small)
• Everyone sent me this photo and all I can say is can’t wait!
• This week we launched our very first weekly e-newsletter–Love Letter. It’s been a dream of ours to put this together for awhile and I’m so happy it’s finally here. It’s filled with exclusive content and goes out to our email list every Wednesday night. You can subscribe for free right here.
• This week, we’ve been a little MIA as we poured 12+ hour days into a really amazing video shoot with a large brand. They arrived Sunday and we wrapped Wednesday night. It was so. much. work. but a really great experience, too. We can’t say much more, but someone did capture this behind the scenes below. The concept was so cool and the team (I swear there were 20 people at our house) was so talented. We can’t wait to share more hopefully next month!!
Hope you all have a great weekend! Chris and I are headed to Park City for some much needed R&R, and to work on our secret handshake. ;)