We are on a plane to Austin RIGHT NOW! We’re having a meet up at the Interior Define store there tonight from 6-8 (11701 Domain Blvd STE 180, Austin, TX 78758) and would love to see/meet/chat with anyone and everyone in the area! I hear there’s going to be refreshments, so come and say hello and hang out, grab a bite and tell us all the best things to do in Austin for the very short time we’ll be in town.
More fun things this week
• Did you hear Instagram just launched a new video platform connected to your Instagram account?! It’s called IGTV and it’s for vertical videos (yay!) up to an hour in length. It’s perfect to create and share longer content–we’re brainstorming all the ways we want to use our channel and our minds are spinning. Our ideas are big and we can’t wait to get them rolling.
• A few people asked me what I got Chris for Father’s Day. I got him this sushi t-shirt (that he immediately put on) and a wellness mat for the kitchen! Have you heard of them? It’s an anti-fatigue mat that works to suspend your body weight and reduce stress and fatigue. He spends so many hours in the kitchen and sometimes it puts a strain on his back so I’m hoping this will help.
• We hosted a birthday party for our friend, Preston, the other day and played such a fun and easy game–great for adults–I wanted to pass on. We had everyone bring 4 $1 bills and let them know it was for the game. Besides that, all you need is dice. We used 3 dispersed throughout the circle, since we had 15 people playing, but for a smaller group, you could use 1 or 2. The rules are simple: If you roll a 1, you have to pass a dollar to the person to your left. If you roll a 2, you pass a dollar to the person to your right. If you roll a 6, you throw a dollar into a bowl in the center. One by one, people start running out of cash (once you’re out, you’re out), and the last person with bills in their hand, gets all the cash in the center too! It’s so exciting and fun. The buy in is low, but the winner at our party (not the birthday boy–haha) went home with $60!
• To wear on the 4th (and beyond).
• A great resource On Stopping Family Separation.
• Obsessed with these ear climbers.
• Finally! Photos of Mandy Moore’s home with Interior Design by the incredible Sarah Sherman Samuel are the cover story of Architectural Digest!
Hope to see you tonight in Austin and we’ll have a weekend sales post for you tomorrow!