This was a really huge week for us. The big announcement is we’ve been working on designing our own sofa line with Interior Define for almost a year and this week, after so many months of drawings and engineer specs and 3D renderings, we flew to Chicago to see the ACTUAL sofa for the first time and we shot all the photo and video promos, too! It was truly emotional and rewarding and exciting to officially meet our sofa for the first time! Chris and I both feel so incredibly proud of how it turned out and already ordered one for our living room in their fabric color Rain–a really pretty slate blue we chose for the launch promos, too (you can catch the tiniest sneak peek of her below). We’d love to go more in-depth with the design process in the coming weeks leading up to our launch at the end of June–because we learned so much and there was so much that went into it. But for now, we have to keep the look, and the name (it’s very dear to our hearts) under wraps. What I can say is that, just like all Interior Define sofas (we have their Ainsley U-Shape in our family room!), it will be fully customizable and offered in 70 different colors and fabrics, multiple lengths to fit your spaces and there will be a sofa, sectionals, a sleeper, a chair and an ottoman. Is it the end of June yet?!
• This lipstick I wore in Chicago, that I got over 100 DMs about, is actually less than $5! (It’s the 008 color!)
• A Real Numbers Breakdown of an Actual Mortgage Payment. Unfortunately, that “estimated mortgage” price that’s attached to most real estate listings is generally a lot lower than you can expect your actual mortgage to be–something that we’re reminded of all over again as we’re cabin shopping!
• We ordered this outdoor concrete coffee table for our deck a few weeks ago and it arrived yesterday afternoon (there’s a sneak peek on my insta story!) and I’m in love with it! We got it on sale, and it looks like it’s on sale again with promo code SUMMER.
• Have you played What Do You Meme? It’s like Apples to Apples, except you’re creating Memes…which is kind of the best part about the internet, in general, right now. It’s so hilarious and fun! We ordered ours here.
• A few of my deeply-discounted favorites from the big Nordstrom sale going on. The only time to buy Le Creuset is when it’s on sale, right? Also, I love oxfords and 3 comes in black or the light neutral pictured. Perforated makes them both perfect for spring/summer. And 7 would be perfect for layering under a welcome mat on your front porch…as I like to do. ;)
Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! School is officially out here, so we’re having a summer kickoff party out back with a few friends tomorrow and spending Memorial Day with family.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home
Make yourself right at home