Things are getting serious around here. Seriously close! Every day so much happens that I could just sit and watch it all go down, completely entertained. Painting and Stair railings and beams and window and uncovering the floors! It’s all coming together. Some things are coming together just the way I imagined they would. Some things better. And some things need tweaking, but that’s the beauty of home, right?
Yesterday, I was able to unwrap my birthday present from Chris and hang it for the first time. (My birthday was in November so it’s been a long time coming.) It’s a huge 6′ wide print called MIGRATION by Kader Boly, purchased from The Vintage Rug Shop. It felt fitting for our Idaho home and I loved the abstract nature. We hung it in the hall, leading to the kitchen under our new lights and it already feels more like home. Art does that for me.
(Still need an art light and we will be swapping all of our interior doors this year, too!)
Other fun things this week!
• You must listen to Jim Gaffigan on Conan’s podcast (Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend)–we laughed so hard!
• You know my black chelsea boots that I wear alllll the time two winters in a row? (These!) With warmer weather on the horizon, I’ve been on the hunt for a spring version of my very versatile boots and I found it in these Everlane trainers! I’ve worn them so much since I got them (I got my normal size, but took about 3 wears for them to get broken in and now they are perfect!!!) I got the black sneakers with off-white soles but EVERY color combination is just soooo good.
• Plot Twist (fellow bach fans–made me laugh so hard!)
• We have a big video shoot in our dining room next week and I went deep into table setting inspiration here. Which lead me to buy these very traditional, very beautiful plates on Amazon. I’m going to mix them with some modern touches and I can’t wait to show you!!!
• Ordered these $26 dresses for the girls for Easter. (Ahhh!!!!)
• While we were in Arizona last week, The Scott Resort and Arizona Grand hosted us and our teams. It made our whole trip extra wonderful (with a side of luxury and inspiration). Our readers can use code CHRISLOVESJULIA for up to 30% off their trips at The Scott Resort here and The Arizona Grand here!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We have cleaners coming on Monday and it’s going to be close! I’ll be share lots of updates on Instagram!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home