• Thank you so much for your enthusiasm behind the launch of our t-shirt line, ProperTee yesterday! We can’t wait to see you all in your shirts and to release more designs we have in the pipeline. Amazon Prime shipping is fantastic, right?! ;) Fun fact: Chris came up with the name ProperTee (a play on property) and I am basically indebted to him forever because of it.
• The weather shifted this week, at last! And I feel like it might stick this time. No more snow, right Idaho? To celebrate, we started setting up the deck. Uncovering the fireplace, putting together our new longer sofas–obsessed with the white-washed wood! We have a couple big projects we’re doing out here next week–and then I’ll share some more pulled back photos.
• We are leaving for a quick family trip to California this weekend and it’s honestly the worst timing, but I’m trying to shift my mindset and have a little fun while we’re there instead of focusing on all the projects we’re leaving in behind for a few days. We’re taking the girls to Disneyland (our first time!) and visiting the beach and spending so much time as a family–that part, I can’t wait for. I got a couple new swimsuits this year for the occasion, but this poppy red floral one with ruffle sleeves is hands down the best one! So sweet and flattering. (I sized up since I’m tall).
• Last weekend, I took 9 of my girlfriends up to our cabin for a sleepover and it was the best time. We ate so much food, took a hundred pictures together, played cards against humanity, did fun facials, tried mBerry tablets that made every crazy sour thing you could think of taste sweet—we were downing lemons!–and just had the kind of real, deep conversations about life that you can have with your best friends. At the crack of dawn, I woke up and hiked a little up our property to catch a glimpse of our cabin with the mountains and water in the background and I felt re-invigorated for this project we took on and this place that we get to call our own. …and then I spotted huge bear tracks (for real!) and ran back inside.
• Can we talk about deodorant for a second? Would that be weird? I have super sensitive skin and after having Polly, it has gotten worse (I have hashimoto’s and after having babies, my body always basically attacks itself for a good while.) All that to say, I cannot find a good natural deodorant that works! I was using fragrance free Dove for years, which didn’t bother me until it did. Then I switched to Native–the coconut vanilla scent is out of this world but I feel like it just isn’t working great! I workout hard every morning and am on the go all day and would love to find something that can keep up, but also is easy on the skin. Gimme your recs!
• Lastly, if you missed our mother’s day gift guide earlier this week–check it out here!
Have a happy weekend! I’ll be laying out tile patterns for the bathroom today if you want to follow along on stories! @chrislovesjulia